• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2019 at 5:23 PM, Tbone911t said:

Torpedo comics just posted this. Just back from grading. $$$$$

FB_IMG_1561681178203.jpg

Any idea if this book is currently listed for sale on his site? 

If so, at what price or is this just hype and promotion before he sends it to one of the big auction sites or to auction off on his own site?  hm

16 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:
17 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Probably, but I believe his widow may have sold all the books.  Dunno how much she knows about comics, but I really hope she did get a fair price, probably not the price the actual collection is worth.  Maybe she was happy with what she got.

Oh wow, so it was his widow. Jeese, I hope she got a fair amount!!! Considering what they're about to make. Well I'm sure she got a lot of money.

On the other hand, she could have been like Edgar's wife who probably figured Chuck was just a know nothing hippie kid when he agreed to pay the full 10 cents cover price for those 20,000 old used books sitting in his hubby's closet.  doh!  :takeit:

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea if this book is currently listed for sale on his site? 

If so, at what price or is this just hype and promotion before he sends it to one of the big auction sites or to auction off on his own site?  hm

+1

Also, what other SA keys are part of the collection ? All of them ? In equal high grade ?

Any GA stuff ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

+1

Also, what other SA keys are part of the collection ? All of them ? In equal high grade ?

Any GA stuff ?

This was posted the same day as the AF 15 on their FB page. Not sure if the AF15 is from this collection or not but it does mention a WW #1. The comment says " The collection will debut at SDCC this July."

torp.jpg

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Books will be for sale in SDCC.

John is too busy putting together his own show the week before SDCC to sell the books. He won't even have a booth at his own show.

2 hours ago, SECollector said:

Any ideas why this book is not registered within CGC serial number database?

Because the database is not updated immediately. If the book was freshly graded it hasn't been added to the database yet.

Wouldn’t the best route to go is get all the raw books graded/slabbed by ComicLink or comic connect and have them let it ride in one of their auctions.  10 percent fee and slabbing fee. Can’t be ripped off with that method.  Or maybe a dealer can offer a similar deal 

23 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Probably, but I believe his widow may have sold all the books.  Dunno how much she knows about comics, but I really hope she did get a fair price, probably not the price the actual collection is worth.  Maybe she was happy with what she got.

She may have consigned the books with Torpedo? Eh?