• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just wondering if the price for AF15 has bottomed out or will continue to drop.  I am hoping to flip my copy in a few years.  I know once there is some news that Spidey is back in mcu or something like that, the book will spike.  Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, DT0428 said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if the price for AF15 has bottomed out or will continue to drop.  I am hoping to flip my copy in a few years.  I know once there is some news that Spidey is back in mcu or something like that, the book will spike.  Thoughts?

:roflmao:

Rest assured your book will increase in value over the years. We're seeing short term swings in the book. More important, enjoy it.

Edited by peewee22

45 minutes ago, DT0428 said:

There's no scan of the back cover, and the front looks toasted at the edges.  So there's no telling what the back exterior and both interior covers look like, which would make me very leery of bidding on this copy if I were in the market for the ish.

2 minutes ago, namisgr said:

There's no scan of the back cover, and the front looks toasted at the edges.  So there's no telling what the back exterior and both interior covers look like, which would make me very leery of bidding on this copy if I were in the market for the ish.

Assuming the back is nice it looks good  a lot of 4.0s I have seen have marvel chipping 

8 minutes ago, DT0428 said:

Assuming the back is nice it looks good  a lot of 4.0s I have seen have marvel chipping 

You mean 'assuming the back is nice, and the interior front is nice, and the interior back is nice'.  But with edge tanning on the exterior front cover, they're unlikely to be.  And CGC looked over the comic in its entirety to assign the chosen grade.  :wink:

Edited by namisgr

Not saying the 4.0 grade should be higher, just saying it has nice eye appeal from other 4.0s I have seen.  I hate marvel chipping and most I have seen have that.  I guess matter of preference for tanning or chipping on book for individual

3 hours ago, DT0428 said:

That is a nice 4.0 and if I was in the market for a copy around that.  I'd be happy owning that copy.  I'd also expect to pay up a bit.

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

That is a nice 4.0 and if I was in the market for a copy around that.  I'd be happy owning that copy.  I'd also expect to pay up a bit.

Totally agree.  If I was in the market, I would expect to pay higher than gpa for that.  It is nicer than alot of Marvel chipping 4.0s I seen

If you buy keys for the fc eye appeal, that is a nice 4.0 -- assuming a toasty inside cover wouldn't bother you if you cracked it open.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a pimp for my own book, but it took me years (and one lucky message on these very boards) to find my keeper copy in the same 4.0 grade (below) -- finding a VG copy that has that kind of eye appeal is rough sledding.  The asking price therefore does seem decent in that regard.

Dan

AF 15 4.0 wp.jpg

15 minutes ago, Drummy said:

If you buy keys for the fc eye appeal, that is a nice 4.0 -- assuming a toasty inside cover wouldn't bother you if you cracked it open.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a pimp for my own book, but it took me years (and one lucky message on these very boards) to find my keeper copy in the same 4.0 grade (below) -- finding a VG copy that has that kind of eye appeal is rough sledding.  The asking price therefore does seem decent in that regard.

Dan

AF 15 4.0 wp.jpg

Very nice with white pages.  Kudos to you and totally agree, it is very hard to find lower grade copies with nice eye appeal

It strikes me that copy has a lot of scribbling on the cover, a tear in the back cover at the bottom, a munch at the lower left front, a major color problem at the lower right  and general fatigue in the top left and right.   It doesn't compare to the 4.0 copy.  It isn't clear what the interior is like. 

4 hours ago, Drummy said:

Dan

AF 15 4.0 wp.jpg

My old copy :cloud9: