• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Just now, gadzukes said:

I'm sorry, you're in the wrong club.  Pence copies don't count.:baiting:

Seriously though, that's a sweet copy.  Are you thinking CT removal?  Or just leave it as is?

I was afraid it was like a fake ID lol 

I am not going to lie.. the thought has crossed my mind on the CT removal... but it looks so pretty the way it is, I will probably leave it the way it is for now.

15 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I was afraid it was like a fake ID lol 

I am not going to lie.. the thought has crossed my mind on the CT removal... but it looks so pretty the way it is, I will probably leave it the way it is for now.

It looks great the way it is right now.  If it was a bit less CT I'd say go for it, but because of the dark brown background and the amount of CT I can see in your photo..... it would look pretty harsh.

Just now, gadzukes said:

It looks great the way it is right now.  If it was a bit less CT I'd say go for it, but because of the dark brown background and the amount of CT I can see in your photo..... it would look pretty harsh.

That is what I was thinking too... reason I picked this one was the centering and no chipping so to scrape it would defeat the reasoning. 

On 5/2/2020 at 3:58 PM, DT0428 said:

All signs so far pointing to this having been legit?

I keep an eye on SS as an owner of a slab... the premium has shot up since Stan Lee's passing, no doubt, but this is kinda bonkers.

Obviously an outlier, even with respect to Lee sigs (given location of sig).

Edited by exitmusicblue

On 5/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, Awdiss said:

My copy of Af15 let me know what you guys think. Will be tough to get better in higher grade without breaking my bank for what I was looking for in a copy. 

DA96EDEF-D671-4525-8D29-AF8A4DF0FF5B.png

Added bonus is the Stan Lee sig on the inside....if that 4.5 on Heritage went for 66k......

On 5/23/2020 at 4:03 PM, Awdiss said:

My copy of Af15 let me know what you guys think. Will be tough to get better in higher grade without breaking my bank for what I was looking for in a copy. 

DA96EDEF-D671-4525-8D29-AF8A4DF0FF5B.png

Nice copy, and it couldn't come from a better dealer . Bob is the best around. 

On 5/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, exitmusicblue said:

All signs so far pointing to this having been legit?

I keep an eye on SS as an owner of a slab... the premium has shot up since Stan Lee's passing, no doubt, but this is kinda bonkers.

Obviously an outlier, even with respect to Lee sigs (given location of sig).

so hard to know unless you have a man on the inside. HA told me yes it was legit. but i have serious doubts. 

1 hour ago, APDallas said:

I found this on my local Craigslist. What do you think? Worth it?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/clt/d/arlington-amazing-fantasy-15-5/7129258310.html

I think yes. 1.0 selling for close to 10k so yea.

But I would want a better pic. Cant even read the label. And a back cover pic.

Edited by jason4

1 hour ago, APDallas said:

I found this on my local Craigslist. What do you think? Worth it?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/clt/d/arlington-amazing-fantasy-15-5/7129258310.html

This is not a real ad.  This was sold from barclaycomics on Instagram to youngcomicscollect and its his book.

I posted this earlier... purchased in 2009 for $750 on Ebay.  It was restored with re enforced front cover, before I had it graded I checked to be sure that the entire book was their, no pieces cut from it.... check.   The Cover appears to be from a AF15 that was going to returned with the top label cut, The label was recreated with such precision and authentic look.... originally I had it sent received a .5 restored significant work on it,  I sent it in latter to Desert Wind for a Stan Lee Signature.....  since then value of the book has gone thru the roof  ( however the chance of me selling is slim and none perhaps my daughter and heir when I leave this mortal shell will sell my CGC collection and  the AF )  I did sell my ASM 1  and FF 1 to help her out of college for a significant deposit on a used car... since then those books now each have hit high 5 figures  ( I should have just written a check )    here is it is thank you for this great club   Incomplete remark is due to the re enforcement of the front cover.

af15 signed.jpg

AFF15BOARD.JPG

AMAZING FANTASY 15 1013082001B.jpg

Edited by WEBHEAD