• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

G.A.tor, the last adjective that I think would apply to you is irrelevant. Seven copies of AF #15 displayed on the CGC boards would certainly meet my criteria for being relevant.

Street cred!

5 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Impressive grade.  When ever I see "pieces added" on a comic like this I wonder what percentage of the cover is original.

I really wish that every restored book, especially if it's a key and/or the restoration is extensive, came with a "before" scan of what it originally looked like.

19 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Impressive grade.  When ever I see "pieces added" on a comic like this I wonder what percentage of the cover is original.

It looks like IGB's work.  That's the company that CGC refused to grade their books, and triggered a law suit.  CGC was unable to tell where the resto started and the original paper ended.  

19 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It looks like IGB's work.  That's the company that CGC refused to grade their books, and triggered a law suit.  CGC was unable to tell where the resto started and the original paper ended.  

Now, THAT is pro-work ...

21 hours ago, comicdonna said:

They could tell the difference, but so much was recreated or painted over that it was tough to call it “restored” vs “recreated”

11 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

They could tell the difference, but so much was recreated or painted over that it was tough to call it “restored” vs “recreated”

That may be so but, Matt Nelson did make a post stating what I said.  Unfortunately, I can't find his administrative ID to confirm.  

guess they are grading their stuff now .......

Edited by fishbone

29 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

That may be so but, Matt Nelson did make a post stating what I said.  Unfortunately, I can't find his administrative ID to confirm.  

He told me what i posted. Maybe his other  statement was too general or just speak speak. 

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

This is my understanding as well. The resto was so extensive it was closer to a recreation.  

There is thread somewhere, where CGC posted official updates. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, gadzukes said:

I would bet this book is the same one that Dupkak bought as a restored 9.6 slight color touch a few years ago

OK, this is not AF15..... but please read the notes on this ASM 1 label...... can this actually grade as a 1.5?  Complete spine split AND incomplete and it still gets a 1.5? :whatthe:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-1-5-UNIVERSAL-label/402594271567?hash=item5dbc7d114f%3Ag%3Ay84AAOSwWttfS8IO&LH_Auction=1

Edited by gadzukes