• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, da.amazing.spiderman said:

I personally sent this copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 to CGC for grading back in 2004. 

I recall buying this puppy sometime during the 80's for less than $500.  

Even back then, I absolutely refused to procure any early Silver Age books with Marvel Chipping (which is my #1 pet peeve when it comes to buying comics)

af15a.JPG

That looks to be a very strict 4.5.  Might be worth a press and regrade.  Gorgeous copy.

I would have like to avoid Marvel chipping, but, I figured that if I kept waiting for a book like that, books over CGC 2.0 would soon be far above my price range.

Here is my under copy. It has very little Marvel chipping, but that might be the only thing it has going for it. I am more than happy with my upgrade.

AF15.jpg.dd94926bdc1597eaa45bd52be956c96e.jpg

Just now, gadzukes said:

That looks to be a very strict 4.5.  Might be worth a press and regrade.  Gorgeous copy.

Here are the grader notes:

heavy wear spine
marvel chipping full right of front cover  
multiple crease back cover  
multiple staple detached back cover  
staple detached bottom of front cover  

tear left top of back cover

I think having staples detached led to the CGC 2.5 grade. As my friend @KirbyJackoften says, "It presents well for the grade."

7 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

Here are the grader notes:

heavy wear spine
marvel chipping full right of front cover  
multiple crease back cover  
multiple staple detached back cover  
staple detached bottom of front cover  

tear left top of back cover

I think having staples detached led to the CGC 2.5 grade. As my friend @KirbyJackoften says, "It presents well for the grade."

I was actually talking about the 4.5, but your 2.5 is nice too.

20 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Here's my upgrade from my AF #15 CGC 0.5. I got this from Collectors Comics (https://collectorscomics.com/#/). I probably paid over FMV, but not by much. I'm very happy with my purchase.

AF15-Mine.thumb.jpg.8c33e5632b2a8a0150cfb314aae29b76.jpg

Congratulations! 

Beautiful book and the colors look great!! I'm glad your happy with it. Great way to kick off the new year. 

On 12/19/2020 at 11:45 PM, DT0428 said:

That comic link AF15 is a beauty.  Presents very well for a 4.0

An hour in and at 20K already.I am sure a few people still have tracking bids to place on it.

Edited by PKJ

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

some of us have an innate dislike for cream pages in SA books. though i agree it presents well with almost no chipping. 

I view that book as C/OW is far better than chipping or washed out Spidey. All other SA books C/OW usually brings much thought prior to buying. 

15 minutes ago, PKJ said:

It’s beautiful! Predictions? I’ll say $525K.

5F7716BA-5E13-42F9-A7FF-3509B9AFE99F.jpeg