THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
37 37

12,071 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

What’s the FMV on a 8.0 Blue these days ? 

it's up and down and all around. I'd say 200k + or - and probably more on the + side.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

For me I would not take the risk of shipping anything over $2500 I could not take the loss if the item was lost or stolen on the way there or on the way back to me. Just not worth it.

I sent my restored Action 1 and Tec 27 for reholdering (in new holders) - I just claimed insanity and held my breath for the couple weeks it took to go from Canada to Florida and back by Fedex - thank God it all worked out, but I was so stupid to risk it 

44 minutes ago, fishbone said:

I sent my restored Action 1 and Tec 27 for reholdering (in new holders) - I just claimed insanity and held my breath for the couple weeks it took to go from Canada to Florida and back by Fedex - thank God it all worked out, but I was so stupid to risk it 

Can you post pictures? I would love to see them.

1 minute ago, fishbone said:

Sure. I’ve posted in GA threads before but here ya go ...

89CB1FAE-AB33-4325-9EAF-FDDD30126E1D.jpeg

A5903BA3-5240-468B-90B8-5FA20824B795.jpeg

If the new grading standard was applied, doesnt that imply regrading, i.e. A reassesment of the resto quality?

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

Hey I just risked my AF15 for a new holder. It's all worth it (after it comes back).

50 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Hey I just risked my AF15 for a new holder. It's all worth it (after it comes back).

funny -- I did those two big ones but I haven't done any of my AF15's ...... I think I will now, I'm clearly a big risk taker

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

If the new grading standard was applied, doesnt that imply regrading, i.e. A reassesment of the resto quality?

Well, yes .. it wasn't all that risk just for a new holder. I was sure my 6.5 ext. P A1 would probably get a more favourable grade with the new(er) restored grading scale.  And indeed I got an A-4   (better than an A-5)  :banana: 

38 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Well, yes .. it wasn't all that risk just for a new holder. I was sure my 6.5 ext. P A1 would probably get a more favourable grade with the new(er) restored grading scale.  And indeed I got an A-4   (better than an A-5)  :banana: 

Thanks for the answer.

Congrats on these Phenomenal books fishbone!!