• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

They need to let people fight it out for 3 minutes once there is no more bids within that time it ends otherwise the 3 minutes starts back over. Maybe 2 minutes to get it going faster. In those minutes people debate and want to win.

Ummm.............................I believe you are referring to the 3-minute extended bidding format which CC has in place for their auctions.  :gossip:

CL's auction format have auctions ending right at their posted times, similar to the eBay auction format and as such, bidders usually have to throw in blind bids or use some kind of snipe bidding software if they really want to win a particular lot.  :censored:

13 minutes ago, Ghastly542454 said:

My Amazing 🤩 Fantasy #15 just arrived back this morning from CGC in its new Marvel Spider-Man holder. Just spectacular!!!:banana::applause:

White Pages!!!

9A603D28-E78F-4E4D-98B4-3697403FD4F2.jpeg

That book is smokin'. White pages with ultra clean grays. I'd love to read that one cover to cover (very carefully).

49 minutes ago, Ghastly542454 said:

My Amazing 🤩 Fantasy #15 just arrived back this morning from CGC in its new Marvel Spider-Man holder. Just spectacular!!!:banana::applause:

White Pages!!!

9A603D28-E78F-4E4D-98B4-3697403FD4F2.jpeg

(worship)

When you bought this I was both jealous and really excited to see it stay with board members.

It's a beautiful copy! The color looks amazing.  You gained equity just during the time it took to ship and I see big things for this book going forward! 

Congratulations! 

6 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

An Amazing Fantasy 15 in CGC 4.0 just sold for $35,850 on Hakes auctions!  Another really strong sale.

Hake's - AMAZING FANTASY #15 AUGUST 1962 CGC 4.0 VG (FIRST SPIDER-MAN).

JMHO, but there are (2) very distinct price scales for low to mid grade certified Amazing Fantasy #15 books.

Those AF #15's that exhibit Marvel Chipping (and pre-chipping)

AND

Those AF #15's without Marvel Chipping.

Yes...Yes...Yes...page quality, writing on the cover, aesthetic presentation, dust shadows, water damage, etc all plays a part in the final hammer price.

However, to attain a strong sale price of $9K to $10K per grade point, your AF #15 absolutely must NOT have Marvel Chipping.

For myself, I absolutely HATE Marvel Chipping and will never procure an expensive grail book that has this major defect.

5 minutes ago, da.amazing.spiderman said:
JMHO, but there are (2) very distinct price scales for low to mid grade certified Amazing Fantasy #15 books.

Those AF #15's that exhibit Marvel Chipping (and pre-chipping)

AND

Those AF #15's without Marvel Chipping.

Yes...Yes...Yes...page quality, writing on the cover, aesthetic presentation, dust shadows, water damage, etc all plays a part in the final hammer price.

However, to attain a strong sale price of $9K to $10K per grade point, your AF #15 absolutely must NOT have Marvel Chipping.

For myself, I absolutely HATE Marvel Chipping and will never procure an expensive grail book that has this major defect.

I've heard a 40% premium for books without MC. Could be more.

I am mixed on Marvel Chipping.  My AF 15 has it, my Hulk 1 and FF1 and X-Men 1 do not.  The thing I have noticed with AF15 is chipping is that it seems like a lot of the books with Marvel Chipping tend to be better centered.  Mine has chipping but is perfectly centered.  There are exceptions but a lot of AF15s without chipping are off centered and ones with chipping seems to be better centered.  My son also noticed this.  Anyone ever notice this as well?