• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

New CGC 7.0 coming up for auction on CL. Although I haven’t seen GNs or back cover, front cover-wise it’s one of the tightest 7.0 I’ve ever seen. Could easily be a 8.5 - 9.0. Price?

pic?

I believe the AF15 7.0 auction referenced above is on Comicconnect, not Comiclink.  CL always has their auction dates listed where as CC are usually TBD.  Assuming I’m right, the 7.0 is very nice but in no way an 8.5-9.0.  I think it’s graded accurately.  Anyway here is a pic of the AF15 7.0 that will be on CC sometime in the near future:

9A32C345-0FA7-49E3-9331-25BFFBAB897A.thumb.jpeg.6a5ad059575d2bbe62d44c54a69afa9a.jpeg

3 hours ago, DST said:

I believe the AF15 7.0 auction referenced above is on Comicconnect, not Comiclink.  CL always has their auction dates listed where as CC are usually TBD.  Assuming I’m right, the 7.0 is very nice but in no way an 8.5-9.0.  I think it’s graded accurately.  Anyway here is a pic of the AF15 7.0 that will be on CC sometime in the near future:

9A32C345-0FA7-49E3-9331-25BFFBAB897A.thumb.jpeg.6a5ad059575d2bbe62d44c54a69afa9a.jpeg

Id say from the scan it looks 7.5ish

4 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Anyone take note of this result?  Looks low, am I missing something?

ComicConnect - AMAZING FANTASY #15 - CBCS VG/F: 5.0

It has two major things going against it -- chipping and the CBCS label.  I have no data to back this up but I imagine in this market that the price gap between CGC and other grading companies has grown considerably. 

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It has two major things going against it -- chipping and the CBCS label.  I have no data to back this up but I imagine in this market that the price gap between CGC and other grading companies has grown considerably. 

It has.

-J.

That was a pretty good deal on the CBCS book IMHO. In my personal experience every crossover I have done have come back 1 to 2 grades higher.

Just comes full circle to buying the book and not the label.

Don't be surprised when you see this book in a CGC holder soon :P

I agree, it hasn't seemed chips or PQ affect auction results much & this grade "should" have sold for twice as much.  This closed at 6:17 pm and I missed it thinking the auction was at 8.  (I missed a couple of Bronze Spideys I was interested in which I thought went for low too).  I'm putting this down to holder and choice of venue but wow what a steal.  CC didn't deliver for the consignor here IMHO.

This is coming from someone who misses my old AF 15 and am recently on the hunt again.

21 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

That was a pretty good deal on the CBCS book IMHO. In my personal experience every crossover I have done have come back 1 to 2 grades higher.

Just comes full circle to buying the book and not the label.

Don't be surprised when you see this book in a CGC holder soon :P

Not saying that the person didn't get a deal, but that's your experience.  Every book I've sent to CGC for crossover they've all come back the same grade or lower (shrug)

Edited by DST