• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Great book. I have never owned a copy of this issue. I'm putting it on my want list.

I was hoping folks post might post under-copies, dupes, books they're looking to sell (or heads-up they're posting them for sale in the marketplace) - stuff that others might need :whistle:

Let's put it this way: SA DCs in high grade are excepttionally difficult to locate in high grade much more so than their Marvel counterparts. Even some of the early Showcase issues are tough to find in low-mid grade and because of the substantial price spread I opt for those but I haven't had too much luck though I did find real nice presenting copies of Showcase 2 and Showcase 20. And I can read them without fear of damaging the books. Just the same there are beautiful copies in this thread especailly those Sea Devils and Rip Hunter Showcase books.

Congrats to the owners of these books!

I've recently acquired high-grade copies of a few Showcases (thanks in part to the help of a board member) and I can tell you they're addictive. but I also have a great appreciation for a book you can actually open and read.

I should note that some of these are undercopies, i have to get my photobucket organized to replace the upgraded copies!!!

We help you clear out some of those under copies Joey ;)

oh, you meant out of photo bucket . . .

:headbang:

I only had group shots of 1-50.....

showcase51cgc70fc.jpg

This Infantino cover reminds me of his Strange Adventures #205 Deadman origin cover - the same illusion of a frozen instant in time while someone is falling through space - is created. :cloud9:

I've recently acquired high-grade copies of a few Showcases (thanks in part to the help of a board member) and I can tell you they're addictive. but I also have a great appreciation for a book you can actually open and read.

Thanks for responding to my comment. I agree. I have plenty of HG books--both GA and SA and a few BA. They are wonderful books. I've had the majority slabbed including my key books but it was a very expensive undertaking. But they protect the books and they are easier to liquidate and you can fetch higher prices. BTW--you have some wonderful books. Love that Showcase 51. That's one you don't see very often.