• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Hulk rocks thread!!
1 1

34 posts in this topic

I think the character is great also. I can't wait to see him on the screen. He should look fantastic! I've collected all of these variant covers (these images are not mine) as well and done the research on these a long time ago. It is amazing to me that people still do not know the print runs or which are the hard to find variants out of all these. It's sad that people take for gospel whatever is spewed on the hype sites.

Here is a quick breakdown of the info that I've learned:

Hulk 1 (McGuiness Regular Cover)

Print Run (120,000)

Hulk #1 (Mar 2008, Marvel) for sale online | eBay

Hulk 1 (Acuna Cover) (1:10) Variant 

Print Run (12,000)

Product Details: Hulk #1 (2008) acuna variant

Hulk 1 (Keown Cover) Dynamic Forces Variant

Print Run (4,500)

GCD :: Issue :: Hulk #1 [Dynamic Force Variant]

Hulk 1 (Keown Cover) Dynamic Forces Variant Signed

Print Run (1,500)

red hulk 1 | eBay

Hulk 1 (Turner Cover) 

Print Run ( I'm not sure, but thought it was 10,000)

Hulk #1 (Hero Initiative/Atomic Comics Variant) (2008) Value ...

Hulk 1 (McGuiness Cover) Atomic Comics Variant (came out at a later date than the initial issue)(And if you're questioning this, please ponder why Marvel would allow a store variant the same cover dress as their 1:50 incentive variant)

Print Run (Not sure)

Hulk #1 "Atomic Comics Variant": LOEB: Amazon.com: Books

Hulk 1 (McGuiness) Retailer Incentive Variant (1:50)

Print Run (2,400)

hulk 1 variant mcguinness | eBay

Hulk 1 (Blank Cover) Hero Initiative Variant

Print Run (100) (each copy sketched by a different artist)

Hulk 100 (Hero Initiative) Cover Project Comic Book by Marvel ...

Hulk 1 (Blank Cover) (Given Away w/out any sketch)

Print Run (50-100)

Hulk-1-Heroes-Initiative-Blank-Sketch-Cover-variant-1st-Appearance-Red-Hulk

And there is a 2nd Print copy out there that I care nothing about with all the other great variants out there. I am always amazed when checking the prices on Ebay and seeing the confusion and disrespect of some of these variants. The Keown cover is spectacular and is 20x as rare as the regular cover and doesn't command the money that the regular cover does. The 1:50 is a VERY low print run no matter how you slice it for mainstream book with 2,500 copies or less and is the best cover of the bunch without the ugly Atomic Comics badge up top. The Atomic Comics variant always gets confused with the 1:50, but was done at a later date even though it hasn't been denoted. The Hulk Hero Initiative variants are incredibly hard to find with only 200 copies out there and are priced as such with asking priced in excess of $800-900. 

Love to hear any other thoughts and opinions on these books. And if anyone can clarify the print runs of the books that I'm not sure of. Thanks.

No love for "Red-She-Hulk?" If I knew which issue was her 1st app, I'd pick it up too, but can't find it on a "cgc label"; last I checked anyway lol 

I had the regular cover Hulk #1 2008. I bought it at a con in like 2018-17, I was so broke at that con lol but it was $15 and turned into a CGC 9.4

Then I sold it when,

I won this 9.6 Michael Turner slab from @JazzMan in the Christmas Raffle :) 

GetImage.aspx?c=3541156&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

Not a huge fan, she's okay though. It all depends on how they use the character. As for the 1st appearance stuff, it drives me crazy. Her 1st Appearance is the variant cover of #14. Great cover also! But, someone has pushed the 1st Appearance as #16. Same as Ronin. His 1st Appearance is on the cover of New Avengers #1 variant, then again he appeared in full on New Avengers #4 variant, but his "1st" appearance is #11.... It sometimes is nonsensical how they are viewed. To me, a full page splash/cover is not a cameo. Period. The character is prominently and proudly displayed. A cameo is Amazing Spider-man #344 or Superman' Jimmy Olsen #134 (the biggest joke of all as I could give a about Darkseids shadowed image in a monitor in one small panel) but others got their money invested and they will push those books until the end.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, sulldog111 said:

Not a huge fan, she's okay though. It all depends on how they use the character. As for the 1st appearance stuff, it drives me crazy. Her 1st Appearance is the variant cover of #14. Great cover also! But, someone has pushed the 1st Appearance as #16. Same as Ronin. His 1st Appearance is on the cover of New Avengers #1 variant, then again he appeared in full on New Avengers #4 variant, but his "1st" appearance is #11.... It sometimes is nonsensical how they are viewed. To me, a full page splash/cover is not a cameo. Period. The character is prominently and proudly displayed. A cameo is Amazing Spider-man #344 or Superman' Jimmy Olsen #134 (the biggest joke of all as I could give a about Darkseids shadowed image in a monitor in one small panel) but others got their money invested and they will push those books until the end.

Interesting information on Red She-Hulk.  Thanks for that!  You say her first appearance was on the cover of issue 14 (variant), but her actual “in story” 1st appearance was in issue 16?  I always thought it was issue 15.🤔. I’ll have to go back into issues 13, 14 and 15 to unravel the mystery!

365BF3C0-EC6A-4B80-89D5-59DBEA0FF3C3.thumb.jpeg.bff45a9f7620b019285540fdbfafac42.jpeg

On 4/23/2020 at 10:40 AM, sulldog111 said:

I think the character is great also. I can't wait to see him on the screen. He should look fantastic! I've collected all of these variant covers (these images are not mine) as well and done the research on these a long time ago. It is amazing to me that people still do not know the print runs or which are the hard to find variants out of all these. It's sad that people take for gospel whatever is spewed on the hype sites.

Here is a quick breakdown of the info that I've learned:

Hulk 1 (McGuiness Regular Cover)

Print Run (120,000)

Hulk #1 (Mar 2008, Marvel) for sale online | eBay

Hulk 1 (Acuna Cover) (1:10) Variant 

Print Run (12,000)

Product Details: Hulk #1 (2008) acuna variant

Hulk 1 (Keown Cover) Dynamic Forces Variant

Print Run (4,500)

GCD :: Issue :: Hulk #1 [Dynamic Force Variant]

Hulk 1 (Keown Cover) Dynamic Forces Variant Signed

Print Run (1,500)

red hulk 1 | eBay

Hulk 1 (Turner Cover) 

Print Run ( I'm not sure, but thought it was 10,000)

Hulk #1 (Hero Initiative/Atomic Comics Variant) (2008) Value ...

Hulk 1 (McGuiness Cover) Atomic Comics Variant (came out at a later date than the initial issue)(And if you're questioning this, please ponder why Marvel would allow a store variant the same cover dress as their 1:50 incentive variant)

Print Run (Not sure)

Hulk #1 "Atomic Comics Variant": LOEB: Amazon.com: Books

Hulk 1 (McGuiness) Retailer Incentive Variant (1:50)

Print Run (2,400)

hulk 1 variant mcguinness | eBay

Hulk 1 (Blank Cover) Hero Initiative Variant

Print Run (100) (each copy sketched by a different artist)

Hulk 100 (Hero Initiative) Cover Project Comic Book by Marvel ...

Hulk 1 (Blank Cover) (Given Away w/out any sketch)

Print Run (50-100)

Hulk-1-Heroes-Initiative-Blank-Sketch-Cover-variant-1st-Appearance-Red-Hulk

And there is a 2nd Print copy out there that I care nothing about with all the other great variants out there. I am always amazed when checking the prices on Ebay and seeing the confusion and disrespect of some of these variants. The Keown cover is spectacular and is 20x as rare as the regular cover and doesn't command the money that the regular cover does. The 1:50 is a VERY low print run no matter how you slice it for mainstream book with 2,500 copies or less and is the best cover of the bunch without the ugly Atomic Comics badge up top. The Atomic Comics variant always gets confused with the 1:50, but was done at a later date even though it hasn't been denoted. The Hulk Hero Initiative variants are incredibly hard to find with only 200 copies out there and are priced as such with asking priced in excess of $800-900. 

Love to hear any other thoughts and opinions on these books. And if anyone can clarify the print runs of the books that I'm not sure of. Thanks.

There were a bunch of variants made for almost all the issues.  I’d like some more info on which are the tougher variants to get.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

3 minutes ago, littledoom said:

For the Red Hulk completionist. Predates #1 by 2-3 months

g.jpg

might be of interest to me eventually lol

what is the "name of the book" to search for it? :shy: 

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:
13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

might be of interest to me eventually lol

what is the "name of the book" to search for it? :shy: 

Comic Shop News #1068

Thanks! I have spots that I search for stuff like this, "used bookstores" near me etc.....

I've broken down and bought things at full price from LCS a few times, but I will make a mental note of this, in case I stumble upon it :)