• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest 2nd Print Marvel Copper Age Book?
6 6

187 posts in this topic

Cool item, but a manufacture error is not a second printing. I do like your post question though, what are the rarest 2nd prints..?...

(shrug)hm

The fact that it's a manufacture error, doesn't mean it's not a second print.

It clearly says it on the CGC label and on the indicia.

Cool item, but a manufacture error is not a second printing. I do like your post question though, what are the rarest 2nd prints..?...

(shrug)hm

The fact that it's a manufacture error, doesn't mean it's not a second print.

It clearly says it on the CGC label and on the indicia.

Wait... what?! :o

hm

:whistle: Nothing to see here.... Friiiendddd :foryou:

Edited by whetteon

Technically, it's a second printing of UXM 270.

Actually, CGC has decided on books like this, that the cover decides what the book is, not the interior.

This is UXM 272 with the wrong inards

not

UXM 270 2nd printing with the wrong cover.

according to CGC anyways.

Not that it couldnt be looked at either way. But CGC has decided to list books like this by the cover.

The reason I was disappointed in this non-thread is because I thought we were *actually* going to talk about which 2nd Print Marvel book was the rarest.

Foolish me.

So what's stopping you?

Here, I'll go...

One of the rarest Marvel 2nd prints that exists:

35490175336_63_2ND_PRINT.gif

Not the SMF, just the regular ol' 2nd print.

Marvel rarely did second prints unless they could justify decent print runs, even if the first print sold out, whereas DC liked to suck every last dime they could, and went back to press when they thought there was any demand at all...hence, books like Supergirl #1 3rd, with a couple thousand copies estimated to exist.

Therefore, the vast majority of Marvel's second printings up to about 1996 are very common. Except this one and #64 2nd print.

The reason I was disappointed in this non-thread is because I thought we were *actually* going to talk about which 2nd Print Marvel book was the rarest.

Foolish me.

So what's stopping you?

Here, I'll go...

Marvel rarely did second prints unless they could justify decent print runs, even if the first print sold out, whereas DC liked to suck every last dime they could, and went back to press when they thought there was any demand at all...hence, books like Supergirl #1 3rd, with a couple thousand copies estimated to exist.

Therefore, the vast majority of Marvel's second printings up to about 1996 are very common. Except this one and #64 2nd print.

it looks like they made 2nd prints for every single issue 2 - 63 of gi joe..

From mycomicshop listing:

GI Joe (1982 Marvel) #63

Published September 1987 by Marvel.

Mike Zeck cover. All 2nd or 3rd printings have a 2nd 3rd printing notice on inside at bottom of indicia on first/splash page. 2nd printings were done for most issues from #2 to #63. Cover price $1.00.

now we need a new thread about "Rarest 3RD printing of a copper age book...." :)

Edited by cbaileypacker

Foolish me.

So what's stopping you?

Here, I'll go...

it looks like they made 2nd prints for every single issue 2 - 63 of gi joe..

GI Joe (1982 Marvel) #63

Published September 1987 by Marvel.

Mike Zeck cover. All 2nd or 3rd printings have a 2nd 3rd printing notice on inside at bottom of indicia on first/splash page. 2nd printings were done for most issues from #2 to #63. Cover price $1.00.

now we need a new thread about "Rarest 3RD printing of a copper age book...."

Actually, there are more issues without second printings than ones with. For example...before #63, the last 2nd printing was #55. Most of #2-14 have seconds, but there are gaps, and most of the issues from 31-up do not have later printings.

Rarest 3rd is Hulk #377. I think that was established a while ago.

PS. Not all second/third printings have a notice at the bottom of the indicia. #3-5, for example, do not.

Which is why CGC doesn't note it on the label. I've got the first and second prints slabbed, but CGC never noted if one of them was the second print.