• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coppers to buy before they explode

455 posts in this topic

I was wondering about the seeming lack of comic interest in Robocop,the new movie looks pretty cool,and there were some copper comics on that awesome cyborg,no?

The movie looks pretty cool? :tonofbricks:

Why does Hollywood continue to remake classics that don't need it? The new film doesn't look bad until you realize it's rated pg-13.

Why does Hollywood continue to remake movies that are absolutely inured in the era they were produced. Robocopy is so freaking 80's it's not funny (like Carrie and BNB were 70's) and you cannot translate that type of zeitgeist to the present time.

Web of Spiderman #1.

Interesting choice. Why? Other than being a # 1 and a sweet Vess cover does it have anything going for it?

he bought 2 potential 9.8's in a sales thread yesterday. That's why. :baiting:

lol

I bought 4 MOS 18's yesterday. THAT's why.

When do you think the hype behind a movie happens? When the character is announced or when the movie is in the theater?

Web of Spiderman #1.

Interesting choice. Why? Other than being a # 1 and a sweet Vess cover does it have anything going for it?

he bought 2 potential 9.8's in a sales thread yesterday. That's why. :baiting: I generally think books are going to explode that I invest in. Miracleman #10 though. Time to stock up.

lol I knew I should have added a disclaimer. It has be popping up on some websites for the past few days even before I posted it.

I was wondering about the seeming lack of comic interest in Robocop,the new movie looks pretty cool,and there were some copper comics on that awesome cyborg,no?

Why does Hollywood continue to remake classics that don't need it? The new film doesn't look bad until you realize it's rated pg-13.

Why does Hollywood continue to remake movies that are absolutely inured in the era they were produced. Robocopy is so freaking 80's it's not funny (like Carrie and BNB were 70's) and you cannot translate that type of zeitgeist to the present time.

Well said.

Other than Show Girls no Verhoeven films should be remade.

Well said.

Other than Show Girls no Verhoeven films should be remade.

That made me lol

Word. The only reason i really even remembered is because i was contemplating grabbing them myself but then thought better of it based solely on the fact of how giant my recent cgc sub is.

Web of Spiderman #1.

he bought 2 potential 9.8's in a sales thread yesterday. That's why. :baiting: I generally think books are going to explode that I invest in. Miracleman #10 though. Time to stock up.

lol I knew I should have added a disclaimer. It has be popping up on some websites for the past few days even before I posted it.

Alf #48

Ive seen a lot of people say Alf #48 is a book to buy

Whats the big deal?

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/minutiae/4830/

Alf is having sex with a seal on the cover. Comic Code / Seal of Approval pun

OMG...had no idea this book existed.

Of course, I hate Alf...so maybe that's why?

Word. The only reason i really even remembered is because i was contemplating grabbing them myself but then thought better of it based solely on the fact of how giant my recent cgc sub is.
Web of Spiderman #1.

I actually submitted them today. :wishluck:

Deadpool Circle Chase #1, tough in 9.8 from sitting in junk bins for years and it's the first Deadpool #1.

Would that be copper or modern? Seems like more of an early 90's glut copper book to me than a modern

Deadpool Circle Chase #1, tough in 9.8 from sitting in junk bins for years and it's the first Deadpool #1.

Would that be copper or modern? Seems like more of an early 90's glut copper book to me than a modern

I consider it copper, some may consider it the beginning of the Dark Age/Chromium Age. Even though the cover stock is quite thick, the black cover and sitting in back issue bins could make it a tough 9.8. With that said, there are a couple 9.9 and one 10.0 on the census - probably thanks to the thick cover.

Ok here's a book that anyone can find right now in $1 bins or 50 cent bins or penny bins if they even have those...X-Force first series #11.

With Fox already announcing an X-Force movie and a very good chance Domino could be in it, this is her real first appearance. Add to that this is I believe the 3rd full Deadpool appearance and cover, and the first time any real back history of the character is revealed. (He is called Wade in the story)

Any other characters that could be portrayed in an X-Force movie have already jumped in price. (Cable, Warpath, Psylocke, even Fantomax) This book could be a sleeper...