• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracked Books from CGC?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever received their books back from CGC cracked? I submitted a bunch for grading and they came back the other day with 3 of them having huge cracks down teh front of the cases?

Any advice/direction is appreciated.

Thats horrible! Hope the books are OK

3 out of how many?

Was this in a half box or full box?

Was there cardboard placed between the slabs?

Was the box damaged?

I am sure CGC will take care of it

It was 3 out of 30 and they were packaged the same way they have always been packaged. Teh cardobard was placed between and the slabs were pretty well protected. There wasn't any damage to the box but it was below zero in my area (Boston, MA region) when they were delivered so that could have played a factor.

Contact CGC and provide them with pictures of the damage. They pack their boxes well but nothing is absolutely unbreakable. I would imagine CGC insures all their outgoing shipments.

My understanding is that CGC does NOT insure their outgoing packages. You have to buy insurance on them yourself.

Contact CGC and provide them with pictures of the damage. They pack their boxes well but nothing is absolutely unbreakable. I would imagine CGC insures all their outgoing shipments.

My understanding is that CGC does NOT insure their outgoing packages. You have to buy insurance on them yourself.

Insurance is automatic (for the value you declared your books at) if you chose USPS registered mail on the submission invoice as the return delivery. If you have it shipped UPS or Fedex, you need to have your own insurance.

Someone had this happen and posted up the question in the "ask CGC" section. Gemma's answer was to contact CGC because damage can occur during shipping

So afer I figured out who the correct person is to contact, they more than made it right. I'll have new cases on those books as soon as I can get them in the mail back to CGC.

Love a happy ending :cloud9:

Welcome to the Boards!