• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(13) VOTE TNERB FOR PREZ posted by Ronnylama

7 posts in this topic

Ah yes. I currently have two of these being sent off for grading next month along with three Annual #4's, and two 95 Second Printing's. They all look really good especially one of the 95's which looks almost to good to be true. Can't wait to see if my pregrading order goes well. I do have to say that I honestly hope from a financial standpoint some of them get knocked down. I mean 50 books at $18 a pop, plus pregrading fee, plus shipping...

But yes I can concur with your statment. Got my vote.

Ronnylama - I call you FRIEND as well. Tnerb I call my big brother. So I am definitely biased when it comes to him. So I agree with your suggestion of Tnerb for prez!

Kaholo - I truly hope those NMs of yours do come back in high grades! I will have my Fleas "convince" the graders to apply 9.8s. :) I had two copies of 95 2nd prints triple signed in Baltimore and graded. I hoped they would come back the same grade since I was giving one to Tnerb, but alas, one came back SS 9.6 and the other was SS 9.4. I hated giving my big brother a lesser copy than mine, but he assured me that he was most grateful for the gift.

I have like 12 raw copies of 58 that I have bought off Ebay, searching for that elusive 9.8, and have yet to find one worthy. Ronnylama generously sent me a copy that was pretty good, but even it only achieved 9.2! Sheesh. Anyway, I know there are a few here on the registry who are striving to help me and Tnerb complete our sets, and I can't thank all of you enough for both of us.

I'm sure you wish to have a top copy for yourself, but if you do ever manage to come up with extra ones of 58 or annual 4 or even this 95, please offer them for sale to Tnerb and myself. Were killing ourselves trying to finish out these sets.

<a  href=image_zps8dbf5a3f.jpg' alt='image_zps8db

I really do appreciate it and I do hope all goes well with them also. I read about the heart break on yours and his as well and when you mentioned you were turning all of the Liefeld Set in for signing did the aww man... kicked rocks and figured if anyone should have an amazing run with that set it should be you two.

As for the my copies I went through the WTB boards here, a few online shops, Wizard World Austin, and a store in Austin. I was thinking of going the ebay route but just felt ebay has generally left me high and dry on my back issues of the Force.

When I do gain one...not going with the if thinking... I can honestly say that with at least the 58 and Annual 4 I couldn't see having those numbers register under any other Sets. Now 95 though might be a little struggle prying that one out of my grasp... :D But yes if and when I get them I won't think twice about adding them to the gift we already spoke about before for you and him.

Ok, now you guys have me wanting to dig up a copy for your cause as well. I'm not sure but I may have a couple of copies that I received direct from the distributor back in the days of my first Comic Book Store. I will search for them this weekend and if so will bequeath to you guys for your set. I really have more on my plate than I can handle at present anyway.