• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Location and Submission Service (looking for that HTF 9.8 ?)

43 posts in this topic

Hello fellow boardies---

For the last few years, I have privately been obtaining HTF books for other board members who have spent several months if not years trying to find those tough 9.8 late bronze, copper and modern age comics for their collections.

I’ve had great success filling holes in runs, with the most requested books being from 1980 to 1990. These books have ranged from tough variants to low print run independent titles, or just straight up harder to find Marvel & DC books in 9.8 grade.

After talking with some of my customers, all have suggested that I should make this a public service.

If there’s a comic you’ve been trying to obtain in 9.8 CGC for your run---something that’s been elusive for far too long---allow me to give it a try. Send me a PM stating the book and grade you’re gunning for, obviously 9.8 being the most desired target. Try to keep your publication request from 1980 to present. From there I can quote you a price and begin the treasure hunt. To be clear---this isn’t me finding potential raw 9.8 candidates and shipping you the raw books. I’ll find and get the items graded, shipping you the 9.8 graded end result. There is no commitment to buy anything less then 9.8, unless otherwise stated. I’ve found most requested titles within anywhere from six months to a few weeks, but every book is different and could take longer.

It’s not a 100% foolproof process---but if you’ve spent way too long trying to find your favorite book in 9.8, allow me to give it a shot.

very very cool.

So, in general, your charge for this includes the cost of the comic, the cost for grading, and then some kind of finders fee?

Do you charge based on what the comic is worth graded at a 9.8?

For example, you may find an ASM #300 for $150, grading costs $30 including shipping, and it comes back as a 9.8 worth $800. So what is the charge based off of?

I've used Rich's service for several HTF books; the prices charged are well within reason given the difficulty of the requests. I wouldn't hesitate to send him a PM with inquiries ... Rich was always on the ball and very responsive.

Can't say enough good things about this -

MattP

Rich is really easy to deal with, he communicates fast and clearly. When using his service, we agreed on a price up front per 9.8 he found, so there were no surprise costs once he found the books. It took him about two weeks to locate 11 of 16 books I've been hunting for the last year.

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

medium.jpg

Thanks again! :cloud9:

So, in general, your charge for this includes the cost of the comic, the cost for grading, and then some kind of finders fee?

For example, you may find an ASM #300 for $150, grading costs $30 including shipping, and it comes back as a 9.8 worth $800. So what is the charge based off of?

ASM 300 is not HTF, nor would it be appropriate for Richie's service.

Most people won't go and check out their SpiderWoman mid-run books (no offense Hado) because it is not worth their time. But many people would happily pay $40-50-60-70-80 etc. for CGC 9.8 copies of books that "bargain bin books."

Rich sources the hard to find in high grade books and negotiates a price that pays for the book, grading, his fees and ends with the deliverable - the 9.8 slab.

ASM 300 is not HTF, nor would it be appropriate for Richie's service.

Most people won't go and check out their SpiderWoman mid-run books (no offense Hado) because it is not worth their time. But many people would happily pay $40-50-60-70-80 etc. for CGC 9.8 copies of books that "bargain bin books."

Rich sources the hard to find in high grade books and negotiates a price that pays for the book, grading, his fees and ends with the deliverable - the 9.8 slab.

None taken lol

Which makes it a perfect example of HTF books, a few were even single census 9.8 books. (thumbs u

Just like everyone else above - I'm another VERY satisfied and grateful, repeating offender of Rich's unique service.

A top tier Boardie to do business with to say the least.

He is always punctual in communications and more than fair on the prices.

Honestly, the prices we agree upon for every book or group of books are in a sense paltry to the time I have spent on quests via the internet or shows. Moreover the coin thrown at countless 9.6 prescreens and hopeful/wishful subs.

My first book with Rich took him sub three weeks to achieve what I could not do in over two years time! Nuff said.

Best wishes Rich on a grand business endeavor.

Eric T.