• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmmm am I missing something here???

6 posts in this topic

NTT had a lot of copies printed, BUT, Deathstroke(identity crisis) and Teen Titans Go certainly add some extra umph to a previously hot title.

Nothing scientific but I've noticed NTT Volume 1(issues #1-10) making a slow but steady rise in back issue price.

Geoff Johns, who currently writes the Titans, has already mentioned that he believes Deathstroke should be an A-List DC villian along the lines of the Joker and Lex Luthor. Between Deathstroke's appearance in Identity Crisis and Johns work in Teen Titans this transition seems to be happening.

I like the idea of Deathstroke stepping up and becoming one of the major bad villians of the DCU.

I've been selling them since mid-Summer in the $25-50 range. This book, BTW, is a spectacular flippage opportunity. You can still find it in dollar boxes (and often quarter boxes) in HG. I picked up 20 in Baltimore from the "everythings a dollar" guy.

This was one of the books I was looking for at Wizard World (didn't find any in really nice shape). DCCP 26 and NTT 1 and 2 are great to get CGC'd in HG. Very profitable if you can get them slabbed 9.6 and above. I always liked the idea of Deathstroke and his swashbuckling costume and using 90% of his brain and fighting and mental skills and all that, but he can't see to the left at all. His hood would cut off all the peripheral vision his good eye might give him. Why doesn't everyone just gang up on that side? I guess he's like Nick Fury, such a good fighter he doesn't need 120-degree vision, or I guess he has radar hearing or something. $76 for a raw copy is pretty high, though. Maybe the market's catching up.