• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SELLING MY DREAM RARE KEY Silver & Golden Age CGC!

51 posts in this topic

You have to admire a person who twenty years ago had the foresight to stockpile CGC books in his safe.
....... probably a time machine or something equally simple as an explanation (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up because the carnival is in town

lol, that's hilarious. David Bromberg is the brother-in-law of my mom's best friend; the girl for whom that song is named, actually.

David has said he made more money on the licensing of "Sharon" to the Beastie Boys than all his other records combined.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up because the carnival is in town

lol, that's hilarious. David Bromberg is the brother-in-law of my mom's best friend; the girl for whom that song is named, actually.

David has said he made more money on the licensing of "Sharon" to the Beastie Boys than all his other records combined.

He resides right here in Wilmington, DE. As for the song, a few years ago when it came on my boombox while we were working in the lab, the 23 year old technician thought Kermit the Frog was on vocals.

Hi I am a Private Collector in Tampa Bay area selling "RARE" Platinum Golden Age & Silver Age, Marvel & DC Original framed Art pages from the 60's & Graded CGC's from 1900 -1970's shown to reduce my HUGE collection. My prices are @ 20-50% below "MARKET" prices! (*I am a collector, so No dealer 7% tax, 20%-50% off market price = 27% to 57% SAVINGS for you!)

My comics have been stored in a safe for 20 years; collecting for 41 YRS= BIG collection! More KEYS coming from safe deposit box! 1st serve, easy to deal with, trades OK. This is ONLY 40% of my investor grade RARE & SCARCE comics. Big dealers are buying large volumes from me & wish to extend these high quality CGC books directly to you!

Call Ken 813-528-2976 to claim your bargains today!

[/b]

I have tons of both CGC and Raw key high grade books, I am thinking about putting on the internet to sell, but other collectors told me to offer at good deals to CGC members first, so here I am. I am new to selling comics vs. a lifetime of buying, so let me know you suggestions on how to do this, please. I am looking for Hulk, FF & ASM #1, & AF #15, so I am open for trades or to also buy from you!

I have a link to a 40% partial list I have started preparing for craigslist to give you an idea of the quality & prices I am offering the CGC members. I have an ebay account with over 234 100% positive transactions, so you can rest assured I am a great person to do business with, just figured I would rather pass on good deals without paying fees to my fellow collectors. Here is link:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/clt/4320453921.html

Any suggestions, including how to post some pictures of my Key CGC books would be greatly appreciated! Thanks & look forward to speaking with you!

Ken

You remind me of the guy from the Crazy Eddies TV commercial (80s).

Yes, he should have posted this in another forum, but we all could have been a bit more friendly to him. He was, evidently new here. I know a lot of people don't like "noobs" coming on and immediately trying to deal books without any "cred" of having multiple posts, but still.

-J.

Yes, he should have posted this in another forum, but we all could have been a bit more friendly to him. He was, evidently new here. I know a lot of people don't like "noobs" coming on and immediately trying to deal books without any "cred" of having multiple posts, but still.

-J.

Don't worry, he'll likely be neck deep in PM's. Most Some of them will be friendly :P . If he's legit and he has the goods, he'll do fine.

I actually told him to post on the cgc boards but told him he needed to read the rules for selling here before he posted. He does have the books...

Tell us who he is how you know him and is a good fellow

That would help

:)

-J.

Don't worry, he'll likely be neck deep in PM's. Most Some of them will be friendly :P . If he's legit and he has the goods, he'll do fine.

I contacted him. I think he's legit. He looks to be trying to bypass dealers to unload his comics. Two of the Astonishing Tales 25 raws, the pics were just to small for me to move on and looked to have some creasing that kept me from buying them. Even though I think that he's legit and with Paypal security, I still wasn't comfortable enough to finish a transaction.

-J.

:roflmao: oh, that's a good one!

Hello,

Wow! Pretty rough treatment as the welcoming committee to the CGC boards, but that's ok, I had nothing but good intentions even if learning all the rules etiquette of the boards.

David McPike vouched for me as he has seen my books in person. David Alexander bought over $10k books from me weeks ago and anyone on CGC can have me email them pictures of the CGC books if they would like.

I am a private collector, not looking to sell all of my collection, but ween down my collection to the major keys. I may even be buying from you or other CGC members too. I have been dormant collector a long time, and CGC was not around when I last was collecting, although I love CGC books, and have bought and traded for many myself, and will continue doing so.

My apologies for not understanding the rules, but my CGC books and price are well intentioned for friendly collectors.

You can ask David McPike or David Alexander for references, that is a good idea I did not think of when I posted. Also Columbia comics just bought a lot from me too from the CGC boards.

I have alphabetized and sorted the list now, so it is easier to read, and I will post from time to time to get to know people, and how the boards work. I am a newbie, as I have never been on a chat board before, but I do share your passion for collecting high grade CGC books...that is why I am here!

Someone asked if I am related to Joe Strummer, no I wish, just a huge Joe Strummer and Clash fan as I saw them in college in Boston, and with Joe's passing, strummer2 is my tribute to Joe the year he died.

Again sorry to cause a ruckus, I was good intentioned!

Ken

Thanks ebel

Appreciate the support!

Many board members called and I made time for all and was nice to all as that is my nature. Many bought happily everyone was treated with respect.

I am looking for hulk 1 and Amf 15 Cgc if anyone has to sell or trade.

Ken

Strummer2

I did post my email and phone number so anyone could call and get to know me which I was hoping was a kind and open gesture

Given the chance I think I will be an asset to to the community and always fair generous. Qualities hopefully you look for.

I can't help being new but over time I will not be new and will hopefully earn kudos from the board members who bought Cgc books from me already.

Well just wanted to say my piece after the rough reception with no hard feelings I guess I am a stranger until you get to know me, but we all start that way...

Best regards and have a good night,

Ken

Yes ask David mcpike about me he has seen my collection in person in tampa and can speak to the quality and pricing.

I think references from those who buy from me are best. David Alexander and Columbia comics too should give you good references as they bought over 15k collectively from me hopefully that gives me some credibility...

Ken

Hello,

Wow! Pretty rough treatment as the welcoming committee to the CGC boards, but that's ok, I had nothing but good intentions even if learning all the rules etiquette of the boards.

David McPike vouched for me as he has seen my books in person. David Alexander bought over $10k books from me weeks ago and anyone on CGC can have me email them pictures of the CGC books if they would like. Columbia comics also bought many Ccgc books and should offer a good reference for me personally and my collection. The references will help people get to know me better and develop my credibility for the members as I am looking to buy big keys like hulk 1 and amf 15.

I am a private collector, not looking to sell all of my collection, but ween down my collection to the major keys. I may even be buying from you or other CGC members too. I have been dormant collector a long time, and CGC was not around when I last was collecting, although I love CGC books, and have bought and traded for many myself, and will continue doing so.

My apologies for not understanding the rules, but my CGC books and price are well intentioned for friendly collectors.

You can ask David McPike or David Alexander for references, that is a good idea I did not think of when I posted. Also Columbia comics just bought a lot from me too from the CGC boards.

I have alphabetized and sorted the list now, so it is easier to read, and I will post from time to time to get to know people, and how the boards work. I am a newbie, as I have never been on a chat board before, but I do share your passion for collecting high grade CGC books...that is why I am here!

Someone asked if I am related to Joe Strummer, no I wish, just a huge Joe Strummer and Clash fan as I saw them in college in Boston, and with Joe's passing, strummer2 is my tribute to Joe the year he died.

Again sorry to cause a ruckus, I was good intentioned!

Ken