• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

New Classic Spinner Racks started production today... est. delivery August 2018.  :smile:

The Classic Comic Book Spinner Rack

:applause:

Brilliant...it was only a matter of time before some enterprising soul figured this out.  Kudos to the entrepreneur...

That said, "whisper quiet" would not be a strong selling point, methinks, for those of us who fondly remember and cherish "the squeeeek"...

3 hours ago, Bird said:

damn tempting

I hear you.  With 28 days to think about it...ah who am I kidding, I'm getting one.  His video is dead on - I've only come across a couple and they were either badly beat up or the person selling it wanted ludicrous money.  I've spent $300 on far worse things than this!

18 hours ago, jools&jim said:

:applause:

Brilliant...it was only a matter of time before some enterprising soul figured this out.  Kudos to the entrepreneur...

That said, "whisper quiet" would not be a strong selling point, methinks, for those of us who fondly remember and cherish "the squeeeek"...

Exactly what I thought! The only time you'd want something to squeak would be a spinner rack! lol

5 hours ago, Tbone911t said:

May have the chance to pick up a Gold Key Spinner Rack like the one below but in much better condition. Anyone have any idea of FMV?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Local-pickup-only-Gold-key-comic-spinner-merry-go-round-rack-very-hard-to-find-/332605454442

Price is high in my opinion. One of these was purchased here in Canada for $600 ( not confirmed )

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
5 hours ago, Tbone911t said:

May have the chance to pick up a Gold Key Spinner Rack like the one below but in much better condition. Anyone have any idea of FMV?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Local-pickup-only-Gold-key-comic-spinner-merry-go-round-rack-very-hard-to-find-/332605454442

Price is high in my opinion. One of these was purchased here in Canada for $600 ( not confirmed )

Pretty cool that it's a GOLD KEY comics spinner rack, but I think they are fishing.  That price seems pretty steep to me also.  

Looks like you'd have to do a lot of cleaning on this one too

s-l500.jpg.dd0b8b602d86b37cfe3e040bc908328b.jpg5ac6bbc9913b6_spinrackgk1.thumb.jpg.741cbff030af5968bfb9e8a7b31955a9.jpg5ac6bbd860fc5_spinrackgk2.thumb.jpg.2c773a07c2e7ada95fd344933fad038c.jpg

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Pretty cool that it's a GOLD KEY comics spinner rack, but I think they are fishing.  That price seems pretty steep to me also.  

Looks like you'd have to do a lot of cleaning on this one too

s-l500.jpg.dd0b8b602d86b37cfe3e040bc908328b.jpg5ac6bbc9913b6_spinrackgk1.thumb.jpg.741cbff030af5968bfb9e8a7b31955a9.jpg5ac6bbd860fc5_spinrackgk2.thumb.jpg.2c773a07c2e7ada95fd344933fad038c.jpg

He isn't buying the one pictured, he has found one in "much better condition".

I am envious, I would love to have one of them, but I think depending on the condition it should be around $500-750.

34 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
2 hours ago, Senormac said:

I am envious, I would love to have one of them, but I think depending on the condition it should be around $500-750.

Oh.... I missed that somehow.  The link led me here.  Well, that means that there are more than one of these things for sale out there (thumbsu

15 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Thanks. I'm going to look at it in the next couple days. The guy knows comics and says it's a beauty......we'll see

On 4/5/2018 at 10:57 PM, Artboy99 said:

It's pretty nice. Saw it on the weekend. 1500 feels steep but I'd love to have it.......

Edited by Tbone911t

1 hour ago, Tbone911t said:

It's pretty nice. Saw it on the weekend. 1500 feels steep but I'd love to have it.......

It looks to be in fantastic condition!

While $1500 is steep, these are rare compared to other spinner racks. Assuming it isn't restored/repaired/ or has broken wire welds I can justify the price if I really wanted it.

PS: It is dangerous to post links like this to the actual seller. Someone looking for a spinner like this could scoop it on you.

Edited by Artboy99

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

It looks to be in fantastic condition!

While $1500 is steep, these are rare compared to other spinner racks. Assuming it isn't restored/repaired/ or has broken wire welds I can justify the price if I really wanted it.

PS: It is dangerous to post links like this to the actual seller. Someone looking for a spinner like this could scoop it on you.

It is very nice. Looks like maybe the top racks have been sniped out?

He won't ship or sell other than locally so I think I'm pretty safe but thanks for the advice!

3 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

It is very nice. Looks like maybe the top racks have been sniped out?

He won't ship or sell other than locally so I think I'm pretty safe but thanks for the advice!

Yes it has had the top row of pockets removed, hence why it only has 45 pockets instead of 50.

On ‎2018‎/‎04‎/‎12 at 6:43 PM, Jayman said:

Looks like the wire rack was stripped/cleaned down to bare metal whereas the other Dell spinner pictured in this thread was painted yellow. hm

I agree. That combined with the fact the top row of pockets has been removed means the seller wants too much for it.

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I agree. That combined with the fact the top row of pockets has been removed means the seller wants too much for it.

There's a pic of a rack back on page 9 which is also unpainted. Wonder if the yellow on the Ebay rack is paint someone added or just real bad rust...still too much

Edited by Tbone911t

16 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

There's a pic of a rack back on page 9 which is also unpainted. Wonder if the yellow on the Ebay rack is paint someone added or just real bad rust...still too much

It is definitely a possibility. I also wonder if the one that appears painted, if that is not paint and perhaps some rusting crusty crud or something of the sort. I have seen several other pictures of this style of spinner and all of the ones I have seen look like the one you pictured. That said those pictures could all be of the same spinner.

Still, the seller you were dealing with is asking to much for his damaged spinner ( in my opinion )

On 4/14/2018 at 7:22 AM, tv horror said:

When you think of all the enjoyment these racks provided it's great that they are much sought after.:)

50345171.thumb.jpg.0aa9f1d7c1a5572d435f806c4f663f17.jpg

cool picture-- looks like that guy just had his haircut. Any idea what year that might be? I'm guessing late fifties. Where did you find that shot?