• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

Looking good with some great books. You might not realize it yet, but your gonna start hunting eBay, random auction sites, Craigslist etc for another rack real soon....hahaha. I’m always “adjusting” the ones I have, my girl is always teasing me about what am I doing, my response, I’m looking for the perfect angle

12 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Looking good with some great books. You might not realize it yet, but your gonna start hunting eBay, random auction sites, Craigslist etc for another rack real soon....hahaha. I’m always “adjusting” the ones I have, my girl is always teasing me about what am I doing, my response, I’m looking for the perfect angle

yeah, I already readjusted them! I also have it in a good corner but want to see it better!

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

yeah, I already readjusted them! I also have it in a good corner but want to see it better!

I would not put unslabbed comics on a spinner rack.  Over time, the rack will damage the comics.  The boards can help, but don't eliminate the risk.  

I use mine for archives/masterworks, and I know others who use racks for reading copies.  But, I wouldn't put comics on a rack when you care about their condition.

19 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

I would not put unslabbed comics on a spinner rack.  Over time, the rack will damage the comics.  The boards can help, but don't eliminate the risk.  

I use mine for archives/masterworks, and I know others who use racks for reading copies.  But, I wouldn't put comics on a rack when you care about their condition.

okay, now I have slabs in there! (I'll add bags to the naked ones shortly, don't worry!)

DsNu3zJVsAIk_Bk.jpgDsNu3zMVYAESrMJ.jpg

I may indeed end up with masterworks and archives in there as well when all is said and done. Not like I don't have those as well. And yes, the better answer is to find another rack!

20 hours ago, Bird said:

Now I have to fill it. Just goofing around but I like it so far.

DsJeGZZUUAAUJkC.jpgDsJeGZYUUAA-rIV.jpg

Now to pick a corner of the room to make sure it isn't near any of those light sources as well.

very nice that it will hold slabs.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Bird said:

Now I have to fill it. Just goofing around but I like it so far.

DsJeGZZUUAAUJkC.jpgDsJeGZYUUAA-rIV.jpg

Now to pick a corner of the room to make sure it isn't near any of those light sources as well.

Looks great Bird !!  

14 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Not the best pic but I wanted to post this fella. I don’t have a lot of books to fit in the pockets because a good amount of my collection is slabbed.  The signage has a few light rust spots here and there but pretty nice overall.

CB88C64A-BC59-43EC-9D64-A6A74CE35367.jpeg

Very cool with the Comics Code showing like that.  I think that's a bonus for you !! 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, sfcityduck said:

This one's also not mine, but reminds me of Bird's new rack, but sort of twice the rack:

31413937_1_x.jpg?version=1414181375&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=50

This rack is cool and seems older than many I've seen.  Does anyone know if there are dates on these things ?  Like a way to tell which comics might have been new or ON this actual stand ? 

recently purchased 2 magazine display racks off of Ebay. I sometimes use my display racks at comic shows and I decided to buy these so I would no longer be tempted to use my vintage/collectible racks. These racks hold magazines and even slabs are easily displayed in these. I paid $143.00 plus $17 shipping ( $160.00 total) for both of these, and while they are not vintage they definitely do the job and they fold up for easier storage. There is even a spot at the top for signs should you need that. I recommend.

Magazine rack.jpg

IMG-20181121-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20181121-WA0002.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I did something for the first time today...went to someone's home for a bulk comics deal without having a deal in place first. He had comics everywhere and buys them bulk so I decided we could probably strike a deal. He was taking boxes out of one room and I said "I can just come in there if that is okay". He said sure and first thing I saw was a comic spinner. I told him I loved it and he said "I got it recently from a store that was closing for $50." "I'll give you a hundred for it" I said and he ran over to shake my hand "deal!". He then called hiis special lady friend and she almost ruined the deal but since she was on speaker I piped up a few times. I got 2 1/2 long boxes from him just to kind of seal the deal. It has a bunch of loose part, which I tried to show a bit of in the pictures.

DtMY7MJUcAAqMzO.jpgDtMY7MKU8AAXAHA.jpgDtMY7MKUcAA1XzW.jpg

What should I do about those loose parts? Do you suggest tying them off as the previous owner tried or should I have a little welding done?

Awesome pickup! I have 2 of those those similar racks. For the loose bars, I sanded the joints a bit and used jb weld. I have friends who weld but the jb worked just fine. 

7 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Awesome pickup! I have 2 of those those similar racks. For the loose bars, I sanded the joints a bit and used jb weld. I have friends who weld but the jb worked just fine. 

worth trying, as welding is expensive.