• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They fit magazines, which I think is cool! 

@Artboy99 "in use"? so you do you not leave them in use to avoid damage?

currently they are in my condo filled with some of my personal books. One of the magazine sized racks is still in the box.

In the future we might take them to comic shows to display books for sale.

It is very cool those new racks will hold magazines! And CGC slabs

Edited by Artboy99

6 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Since were sharing here’s an updated pic with precodes, I really want that rack with the “Buy approved comics bearing this seal” on the header, I would think it would be a great display....

8DE732D2-9630-4885-A4FE-8353AE6C1B21.png

This looks like the one I just got but mine doesn't fit slabs. Mine is 5 sided

On 11/23/2018 at 3:09 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Not the best pic but I wanted to post this fella. I don’t have a lot of books to fit in the pockets because a good amount of my collection is slabbed.  The signage has a few light rust spots here and there but pretty nice overall.

CB88C64A-BC59-43EC-9D64-A6A74CE35367.jpeg

Great rack!  Me, I would put just post 1955 books in it. First ones with the comic seal. Would make it look almost "authentic"

14 hours ago, JoeRock said:

I bent the bars a bit for the slabs

03222C73-AF89-47C7-A7AC-29F96191656B.jpeg

I am afraid to try bending the bars as mine seems a bit fragile. But I think I may end up going that way. Protecting my investment is far less important than getting a groovy display going!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Swwweeeet @Sgt Preston

I'm always impressed at how people find these ;)

Thank you. I never expected it to happen. Ever. But like my juke box, and other treasures that I have harvested, daily searches ultimately do pay off. The thing with me is I’m obsessive when I decide that Im going to find something, and it eventually does come along with patience.  

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I got a few tins signs in a lot at an auction estate sale and lo and behold they fit nicely in my spinner rack. My two sided spinner has slabs but slabs do not fit this oneso I had been wondering what to do with it. Now I iwll be on the lookout for about 35 more tins!

DwkQI0nWoAQObPu.jpg

Wow, that looks really cool, great idea!

I hope to pick up a comic book rack and/or spinner rack with Archie on it sometime soon! It is definitely needed in my collection, as I plan to convert my home office into a comic/toy room this year. Please let me know if and when you all hear of and/or see one for sale in the Midwest (or find one with reasonable shipping costs). 

Edited by archiecomicscollector

1 hour ago, Blastaar said:

Know nothing about them, this thing is listed for $595 locally, thoughts? "Dell Notice" stamped on the back. 

njkjk.jpg.e8e0b78c5b3e1b8cfa9885b3f87c9b5a.jpg

It's a late 1940s Dell rack.  Very unusual design.  That's the only one I've seen.  I don't live anywhere near its location, and shipping is really difficult, or I'd have bought it already.  

It's not a very practical rack though.  I believes the shelves are too shallow to shelve Masterwork/Archive type books (which is what I use most of my racks for since racks harm comics), and unlike the three shelf Dell racks this can't accommodate oversized books (excepton the top shelf).  

Here's my newest rack, the 1948 Dell rack.  This is not in as nice condition as I usually get, but this rack came from a drugstore in Sacramento (Tower Theatre drug store) that my mom was going to when she was a kid back in 1948.  So I couldn't resist.  In the background, you can see my three shelf Gold Key rack, same format as three shelf Dell rack, which is great for oversize books.

528580405_IMG_0186(1).thumb.jpg.66988e53bf5ed703c3328c890502410d.jpg

Edited by sfcityduck

On 11/23/2018 at 3:09 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Not the best pic but I wanted to post this fella. I don’t have a lot of books to fit in the pockets because a good amount of my collection is slabbed.  The signage has a few light rust spots here and there but pretty nice overall.

CB88C64A-BC59-43EC-9D64-A6A74CE35367.jpeg

Our cats look like siblings!

Our racks certainly ARE:

IMG_0234.thumb.jpg.330e8b85e348ebae624d12daa66e2150.jpg

Edited by sfcityduck