• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

My local antique store has one like artboy has on page 1 with the wholesome comic sign,etc for 70 dollars. Is that a good deal? They had the the circle top one once with spidey and archie already shown in this thread, but that one is gone now. I also know a guy that has a wall comic rack with the archie superman spiderman face on it, any thought on value for that if I make him an offer? Thanks

If I found that rack for $70 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

What he said.

If it's in decent shape buy it. If you eventually decide you don't need it, or find one you like better, I think a FMV for a nice shape example would be about $150 to $200

My local antique store has one like artboy has on page 1 with the wholesome comic sign,etc for 70 dollars. Is that a good deal? They had the the circle top one once with spidey and archie already shown in this thread, but that one is gone now. I also know a guy that has a wall comic rack with the archie superman spiderman face on it, any thought on value for that if I make him an offer? Thanks

Scoop it up! Some sell up to 500 depending how bad someone wants it.

Not a spinner, but a cardboard Classics Point of Purchase Display. It came flat in a never used state, but I had to make it into a working model even if it meant punching out a few pieces of cardboard

Looks good in my office filled with Early 60 bagged Classics.

Would still love a spinner at some time.

classicsdisplay_zps86bba782.jpg

Well, I pulled the trigger on this spinner for seventy dollars and got the wall rack for 10 bucks but it had a sticker on it that took off alot of detail so I might touch it up someday. There is one like the one artboy just bought above at a local antique store I am also trying to get.

Edited by Drewsky

I picked this up at a local con this weekend:

020_zps24b31fe8.jpg

021_zps7fc97acb.jpg

Nice! How much?

a longbox of books I had priced at 2 bucks. Was basically books I was unable to sell the previous 5 years worth of shows priced down and put into a discount box. 500 bucks in trade.

Maybe priced somewhat high but I didn't care at all about the books, and the rack is in great condition.

A longbox of junk for something cool to put in your comic room or wherever, good deal

was my opinion :)

Is a great little rack, can be brought to shows easily as it folds up. Is less cumbersome than my spinner ( we bring our spinners to the shows and put sets in them )

ClobSpinners_zps981c1f1c.jpg

ClobBoothA_zps1c1f327c.jpg

Wondering if anyone have done researching on history of these spinner racks? Like how many different brands, what era periods on each rack and such that? This should be made a good reading thread. I've seen one ad from eBay about the 1939 DC comic standalone rack with the crazy price.

That got me wondering what other racks come after this one? Here - I see one 1950s Dell, another with CCA code logo. What else? I also see that there were some small counter table racks supposed from the 1950's but no pictures of the original models.

1961 vintage "Dell comics are good comics" 15cent postage stamp era.

Tried to buy this around 8 years ago at a local auction and got outbid. Was I happy to see it for sale locally again....yep.

147688.jpg.2877070a32b1b7400d3cad93800bc166.jpg

Indeed it is awesome! I don't know much of the history of different types of comic racks, or if that's ever been done. Would be an interesting thing for a comic fan for sure. Maybe a start would be patent research of the different types created?

Was there ever a comic spinner rack with the Star Wars logo at the top? If so, I would be very interested in purchasing one!