• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

Wow!http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049406992?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's not a '60s spinner...

Yeah, I agree, not even close. I have the exact same one and I know it was made through the 80's and probably even later.

Spinner%201_zpsjbnmwbgl.jpg

Would be a to ship this thing. Even for $100 shipping I cringe when I think of the work involved around protecting this thing.. These racks are more fragile than you'd think.. Imagine if the buyer gets it damaged??

Edited by Aweandlorder

Would be a to ship this thing. Even for $100 shipping I cringe when I think of the work involved around protecting this thing.. These racks are more fragile than you'd think.. Imagine if the buyer gets it damaged??

Agreed... Super fragile. Those welds don't hold to getting dropped at all.

Wow!http://www.ebay.com/itm/162049406992?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yeah, I agree, not even close. I have the exact same one and I know it was made through the 80's and probably even later.

Hold the phone...what's the story on those comics!? :o

I use those comics as packing material for my Modern Variants and Pogs. Never thought to keep them, huh....

:insane:

Hold the phone...what's the story on those comics!? :o

Just my reader copies...all 9.2 and below.

I was lucky enough to find this wooden Dell rack within 20 minutes of me for a bargain, so it was a no-brainer! Granted, it has quite a bit of water damage, stains and peeled veneer (it apparently sat unprotected in a shed for years), but after sprucing it up, it cleaned up nicely! If anyone has any historical information on either of these, I'd be happy to hear about it. I've seen the Felbro rack online before (and from watching AMC's Comic Book Men - there's at least one like it in the Secret Stash). I think the wooden rack is harder to come by, and I've not seen this exact model online before, to my knowledge.

17916439980_b142d8c826_z.jpg

17916224888_0ebaafe381_z.jpg

Wow, that is an awesome Dell comic book rack! I bet it's from the 1940s or early 1950s. What a cool way to display your vintage comics!

I bought a similar rack at an antique shop about 10 years ago, but mine is for the Dell "Mapback" paperback books which were published from 1943 to 1951. I put my Frazetta paperbacks in it.

bookshelf-1.jpg

bookshelf-2.jpg

bookshelf-3.jpg

bookshelf-4.jpg