• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

Saw it on "Used Victoria" but the seller didn't want to ship it to me and he found a buyer before I could get a Vancouver relative lined up to pick it up.

I ended up getting a great Gold Key wood rack with the same graphics, but not quite the same pop.  See it up thread.

2 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Saw it on "Used Victoria" but the seller didn't want to ship it to me and he found a buyer before I could get a Vancouver relative lined up to pick it up.

I ended up getting a great Gold Key wood rack with the same graphics, but not quite the same pop.  See it up thread.

Have any other pics of it? Would love to see what the rest of the display rack looks like.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:08 AM, shadroch said:

Just grabbed this for $110, including the books. There are 10 12 cent Marvels but in bad shape. A couple of nice BA books, including a MOKF 18.

The spinner is off, but is in the background.

https://mcmanusauctions.hibid.com/lot/32847952/vintage-metal-comics-merry-go-round-display-rack-w/?cpage=9&ref=catalog

Was offered $225 for this, without the comics.   Yea or Nay? Only comparable one I see on Ebay is $799,but in better shape.

BTW- inside one of the cracked magazines was a Defenders 10 in 3.5ish shape. I'm guessing someone hid it to keep the price down

28 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Was offered $225 for this, without the comics.   Yea or Nay? Only comparable one I see on Ebay is $799,but in better shape.

BTW- inside one of the cracked magazines was a Defenders 10 in 3.5ish shape. I'm guessing someone hid it to keep the price down

Yea

On 7/2/2017 at 8:40 AM, aardvark88 said:

Was not greggy that beat you to that Gold Key spinner rack in Victoria, as he would have asked me to drive it back to Vancouver for him and pay for the ferry fee$$. :whatev:

I believe I've tracked this rack down to: Little Island Comics in Toronto on Bathurst Street, just south of Bloor.  

2011-09-14-17.08.49.jpg

On 2017-06-30 at 10:44 AM, sfcityduck said:

How did I miss that? :tonofbricks:   I would had went for it. Well, that serves me right! 

Thanks to Jimmers for pointing me to this thread! Picked this one up this morning at a garage sale. Has some condition issues but is overall pretty nice, and it's just for my personal collection anyway. Any thoughts on the era? The graphics make me think 80's?

Photo Jul 15, 3 52 14 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 15, 3 51 57 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 15, 3 51 41 PM.jpg

Bump for the Monday morning crowd, look at my rack!

(BTW, read this entire thread, plus the older thread linked therein, and haven't seen this model so far. But tons of great reading here!)

On 7/15/2017 at 1:39 PM, F For Fake said:

Thanks to Jimmers for pointing me to this thread! Picked this one up this morning at a garage sale. Has some condition issues but is overall pretty nice, and it's just for my personal collection anyway. Any thoughts on the era? The graphics make me think 80's?

I don't recall seeing that in the 80s.  I'm thinking 90s to 00s.

Great, thanks guys! I hadn't seen that specific one around here before, so I had a hard time pinning it down. Input is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, PKJ said:

Been looking for a spinner rack for a while, had to pay up a little but have one ready to fill. The other stand is displaying all Dec 73 titles, with some other titles mixed in from time to time. Not sure on the theme on the spinner yet.

IMG_5478.JPG

Nice racks! Great selections of books for both too! (thumbsu

I picked this spinner rack up recently. I'm very happy with it as it was a bargain, but it's missing the stand.

Are there any modern easy to find spinners that have a stand that will work with this?

Or maybe I can make a stand?  Does anyone have this rack and know the dimensions of the stand?

Thanks.

comic rack.jpg

On 7/29/2017 at 4:09 PM, PKJ said:

Been looking for a spinner rack for a while, had to pay up a little but have one ready to fill. The other stand is displaying all Dec 73 titles, with some other titles mixed in from time to time. Not sure on the theme on the spinner yet.

IMG_5478.JPG

Awesome racks, especially the two column.  I've bought and sold a few of these.  They seem to be a little harder to find than the spinners.