• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2023 at 2:22 PM, jc559 said:

Picked up a very scarce golden age comic book spinner rack, glad to have it in my collection!

thumbnail_IMG_8006(1).thumb.jpg.215f1cf2902194b2d4d79ad38b0b6f82.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8007.thumb.jpg.46e388fe68c395c7ca73ccffb28424d0.jpg

Very cool!  I found one of those “For Fun Comics” signs that are on your rack a little over ten years ago at a junk sale.  Nice to see how it was used.

On 12/22/2023 at 10:25 AM, badback83 said:

Very cool!  I found one of those “For Fun Comics” signs that are on your rack a little over ten years ago at a junk sale.  Nice to see how it was used.

Ironically, mine is actually missing 1 sign panel on the right side in the photo. I wonder if the one you found matches up to the one I'm missing :ohnoez:

On 12/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, jc559 said:

Ironically, mine is actually missing 1 sign panel on the right side in the photo. I wonder if the one you found matches up to the one I'm missing :ohnoez:

Hmm. that would be wild.  I will take a picture of it in the next few days.  

On 12/26/2023 at 10:44 AM, Robot Man said:

IMG_7953.jpeg

I've been looking for one of these to use in my antique booth, less afraid of it being stolen or tampered with. Just need one to show up on the west coast :banana:

On 12/21/2023 at 10:08 PM, jimhouston1 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b4020df2df6028e6db9807344a616ce8.jpegI have 2 Spinner Racks. I put comics out on them for Halloween treats. I only need one. I will sell this one for $300. 
Pick up only in NY or NJ at a public place. PM me for details. 

Sigh, wish I had the space for it...I've wanted a spinner rack for a long while, but just don't currently have anywhere to put it :(

On 12/26/2023 at 11:21 PM, jc559 said:

I've been looking for one of these to use in my antique booth, less afraid of it being stolen or tampered with. Just need one to show up on the west coast :banana:

Love mine. Large, sturdy, and can take lots of different paper items. I change it up all the time. Got it at the Rose Bowl flea market years ago.

Funny thing. It came with the top two blue panels originally. I found the bottom one by its self at a show in Portland. It just popped on at the bottom.

I have seen it in red as a DC rack as well.

On 12/27/2023 at 7:20 AM, Robot Man said:

Love mine. Large, sturdy, and can take lots of different paper items. I change it up all the time. Got it at the Rose Bowl flea market years ago.

Funny thing. It came with the top two blue panels originally. I found the bottom one by its self at a show in Portland. It just popped on at the bottom.

I have seen it in red as a DC rack as well.

I need to start hitting up the rose bowl flea market, plenty of antique dealers around me go and sell their killer items and come back with equally killer items. I vow to find one, someday.... 

On 12/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, jc559 said:

Here it is.  It looks to be the top portion, as it doesn't say "Read 'em" at the bottom.  

image0.jpeg

On 12/27/2023 at 5:13 PM, badback83 said:

Here it is.  It looks to be the top portion, as it doesn't say "Read 'em" at the bottom.  

image0.jpeg

:tonofbricks:

Curious as to how much it would go for at auction hm