Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
12 12

384 posts in this topic

842 posts

I've been looking for a way to display all of my new Dells. I would love to get my hands on one of those.

14,230 posts
I've been looking for a way to display all of my new Dells. I would love to get my hands on one of those.

You can get a silver/bronze age type of spinner, and with a little elbow grease you bend the wires of the pockets a bit and the spinner can hold books of that size. I can get slabs in my spinner rack.

925 posts

I got one from Borders when they were going out of business.

Paid 50 bucks for it and love it.

144867.jpg.5bb7aaa02468d42f7f454e0f7c77228b.jpg

Edited by asr0462

43,051 posts

That Archie one is a real classic!

5,034 posts
Love the Dell Spinner Quicksilver Signs!!

(Would you be able to take some pics of all the Dell characters on the top if you get a chance at some point?)

29vce9c.jpg

2jaf0qt.jpg

So awesome!!

Thank-you :foryou:

394 posts

I so want a spinner. I can't think of a more fun way to show off a collection then on one.

4,551 posts

I just put my readers on it. The room gets sunlight so I dont want any color fade on my better books

431 posts
I got one from Borders when they were going out of business.

Paid 50 bucks for it and love it.

Got the exact same thing the exact same way! Great deal.

944 posts

There's one on eBay right now for $275

42,327 posts

How ironic is it that when I closed my last store, I kept fifty plus boxes of late copper and threw away a half dozen spinners.

13,052 posts
This one doesn't spin, but I like it a lot :cloud9:

IMG00715-20120521-2023.jpg

IMG00723-20120521-2024.jpg

IMG00717-20120521-2023.jpg

Wow! If you ever run into a second or would consider selling yours, please keep me in mind.

1,166 posts
There's one on eBay right now for $275

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1939-DC-Comics-Superhero-COMIC-BOOK-RACK-/350226315990?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item518b1d7ad6

This one has been for sale for awhile (or possibly again since the last time I looked about 6 months ago) Pretty sweet

13,984 posts

Here's mine. Picture of the books is a bit outdated, but the spinner is still the same.

5e3015d65ae7f27222e7edbb70ac2380_zps1e224fa2.jpg

2,546 posts

Here is what I have:

SDC15622.jpg

Picked it up a few years ago on craigslist

Every year we give out comics for Halloween (along with candy) Here is last year's setup.

photo2.jpg

3,783 posts

Here's mine again, in my living room. Comics are different now, but the rest remains the same:

394977_10151176003222058_676543421_n.jpg

My spinner only holds comics from 1974 and later. The racks are too narrow to hold anything 20 cents or earlier. So I'm hoping to get another at some point that can hold older comics.

1,166 posts

Mine is obviously a Dell but for some reason Dells, Gold Keys and golden age books are pretty tight in the slots. Must have really beat up the books when they were crammed in there back in the day.

Regular silver and up, with a backing board, fit nicely in there.

4,915 posts
How ironic is it that when I closed my last store, I kept fifty plus boxes of late copper and threw away a half dozen spinners.
lol Brutal!

574 posts

My local antique store has one like artboy has on page 1 with the wholesome comic sign,etc for 70 dollars. Is that a good deal? They had the the circle top one once with spidey and archie already shown in this thread, but that one is gone now. I also know a guy that has a wall comic rack with the archie superman spiderman face on it, any thought on value for that if I make him an offer? Thanks

3,783 posts
My local antique store has one like artboy has on page 1 with the wholesome comic sign,etc for 70 dollars. Is that a good deal? They had the the circle top one once with spidey and archie already shown in this thread, but that one is gone now. I also know a guy that has a wall comic rack with the archie superman spiderman face on it, any thought on value for that if I make him an offer? Thanks

If I found that rack for $70 I would buy it in a heartbeat.