• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: House of Mystery

23 posts in this topic

Updating my want lists: (raw also considered if we can agree on grade)

Bold items are "hot" items that have higher priority in my purchase queue.

Bold Red Items are books I'd pay serious bucks for.

174 CGC 9.6 or higher

175 CGC 9.4 or higher

176 CGC 9.4 or higher

179 CGC 9.4 or higher

183 CGC 9.4 or higher

184 CGC 9.4 or higher

189 CGC 9.4 or higher

190 CGC 9.4 or higher

192 CGC 9.4 or higher

199 CGC 9.4 or higher

203 CGC 9.4 or higher

206 CGC 9.4 or higher

209 CGC 9.4 or higher

214 CGC 9.4 or higher

216 CGC 9.4 or higher

217 CGC 9.6 or higher A 9.6 just showed up on the census

218 CGC 9.4 or higher

220 CGC 9.4 or higher

221 CGC 9.6 or higher

223 CGC 9.4 or higher

230 CGC 9.4 or higher

233 CGC 9.4 or higher

236 CGC 9.4 or higher

Thanks! I have about 20 books to go before I have the entire 174-321 set all CGCd 9.0 or higher... Thanks for any help on my quest. Will gladly also trade books since I'm sure everyone is saving for holiday purchases.

Interested parties should PM me.

With the exception of about 5 or so I have all of these in CGC 9.0 or better already. This list is primarily for upgrades. 236 will be a tough order, but I will be aggressively seeking via CBG and other mags to solicit a lucky seller to part with their copy. I wonder if I offer $1k for a 9.6 how fast a copy may surface... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

With the exception of about 5 or so I have all of these in CGC 9.0 or better already. This list is primarily for upgrades. 236 will be a tough order, but I will be aggressively seeking via CBG and other mags to solicit a lucky seller to part with their copy. I wonder if I offer $1k for a 9.6 how fast a copy may surface... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

HOM236.jpg

When you start talking about big money like that, for books that were previously perceived as having a value under $50, it will be interesting to see how books start coming out of the woodwork. I imagine there are collectors that have nice copies of these bronze books but are still under the impression that they are dollar box books. I'm sure there are many. Once word gets out, you WILL see these surface, just might take a few more years. It's happened before with other genres and will happen again with this one. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif -----Sid

Sterling, it almost seems to me that #1-173 is a completely different series, just with the same title. Do you really have an interest in those books, or do you just want to be a completionist? Hey, cool either way, just curious as to your collecting style.

Yeah, the first one to offer me a CGC 9.6 will laugh all the way to the bank.

frustrated.gif

Mental note: Drive to Canada. Kill Greggy. Steal comics.

I hope greggy will be instrumental in helping me to fill some holes... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Greggy's in trouble. mad.gif

For HOM, I'd like to be a completionist. I gravitate to any BA horror first, sci-fi/mystery/war books regardless of age. DCs tend to be my sweet spot. Not my collecting interest now, but I'd love to collect some of the 50s and 60s titles at some point (My Greatest Adventure/Mystery in Space/Strange Adventures/etc). I have many GA VG copies in my collection.

Sweet DCs!

frustrated.gif

I hope greggy will be instrumental in helping me to fill some holes... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

frustrated.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif