• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jungle Action Collection
1 1

82 posts in this topic

I know this is an old tread. It came up on a Google search while trying to track down some high grade issues I'm missing.

I've been collecting this series for a while now (2 years or so) and have to say...the latter issues are so hard to find in a high grade.

I've been picking up raw copies when I can find them with Jungle Action 19 being the hardest to find on a consistent basis.

Has there been any new news on #19? Any 9.8's yet? And lastly...does anybody have or know where I can buy a copy "raw" high grade?

Thanks

Edited by Juice Head

I know this is an old tread. It came up on a Google search while trying to track down some high grade issues I'm missing.

I've been collecting this series for a while now (2 years or so) and have to say...the latter issues are so hard to find in a high grade.

I've been picking up raw copies when I can find them with Jungle Action 19 being the hardest to find on a consistent basis.

Has there been any new news on #19? Any 9.8's yet? And lastly...does anybody have or know where I can buy a copy "raw" high grade?

Thanks

There hasn't been any #19 that is a 9.8, I've looked for awhile for raw copies and have not came across any that would even get that grade. Which books have you acquired so far (graded)?

Thanks

There hasn't been any #19 that is a 9.8, I've looked for awhile for raw copies and have not came across any that would even get that grade. Which books have you acquired so far (graded)?

Thank you.

I have a few I purchased on-line that were advertised as NM (none of them actually are)...one of them has black ink color touch on the cover.

I recently picked up a raw 8.5 from Metropolis Collectibles and was able to pick it up in person. Very nice copy with little to no color breaks. Maybe a 9.0 with professional press.

I missed the boat on a 9.0 cgc auction 3 months back but no big loss...it was a miswrap with tons of white on left margin.

Never seen one in a LCS back issue bin or wall. Lots of lower grade copies on various sites. 6.5's or lower.

I suspect more will come into the market one people catch on but not for the price I'm looking for.

Edited by Juice Head

And as far as the series? I have every issue starting with #5. Waiting to submit entire run for grading one I find or press a few I already have.

Think the best I'll do is 9.0 or so on the run.

Purchased my #5 and #6 before the movie spec. ..luckily.

And as far as the series? I have every issue starting with #5. Waiting to submit entire run for grading one I find or press a few I already have.

Think the best I'll do is 9.0 or so on the run.

Purchased my #5 and #6 before the movie spec. ..luckily.

That's good to hear. I purchased mine also before any movie spec, around 4-5 years ago. My goal was to complete the 5-24 in 9.8 White Pages.

I purchased many off of www.metropoliscomics.com and/or www.comicconnect.com when suscha news was just being released and no one was looking at collecting the JA series. Others were on www.wwcomics.com, and the only one I received from a private seller was JA #5, think it was on EBay.

1) Jungle Action #11, got outbid on comicconnect (now looking back at it, would of just bet $10 more. lol). There are three 9.8's on census

2) Jungle Action #19 - Like you've found out, haven't seen any high grade

3) Jungle Action #21 - One board member has it, reached out, but haven't heard from or even seen the member on the boards in awhile, his copy contains white pages (Only 2 on the census)

4) Jungle Action #23 - Batman_fan has this one, I actually know where it was purchased from , www.wwcomics.com I acquired a number of my graded ones from that site as I said before, just caught wind of this issue late. :( (Only 2 on the census, his copy contains white pages, and the other was purchased off of Heritage (off-white-white)

The closest I've come to acquiring a JA #23 was this piece, painted on a canvas material. A co-worker knew I liked the Black Panther and asked his daughter to do something for me. Surprisingly it was an issue I'm looking for, even though he didn't know about it. :banana:

ibbb1g4jl47h5416g.jpg

5) Jungle Action #24 - Haven't seen anyone with this out there available, though there are 7 total on the census at 9.8

The most recent one I bought is the JA #22 CGC 9.8, this was difficult because of the common mis-wrap of the cover, but someone finally had one available. There are 9 on the census, and I've seen a couple that had mis-wrap covers (if that's important to you).

Edited by 1ForChrist

There’s a Boardee who hoards JA 23. Can’t remember his name, but he has posted group shots before. Has a gajillion copies of it. Maybe someone can chime in as to who it is...

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Not sure if it is me you are talking about.

jungleAction.JPG

Yes indeed!

Edited by djpinkpanther67