• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

Wanted to give this club a bump - I have been trying to become a member (see my WTB thread) but have been having a hard time finding a nice low grade copy in the CGC 1.0-3.0 range, so if any members want to exit the club, just shoot me a PM :)

Awesome books everyone!

An 8.0 being offered for $84.00 (you read that right) on eBay by a seller with no feedback.  The listing says the book ships from "China / Hong Kong / Taiwan" which sounds even more sketchy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123759130310

What's going on here?

EDIT:  The listing has been taken down -- wish I'd taken a screen shot.  At least I have the image of the book itself (there was no large version available).

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

An 8.0 being offered for $84.00 (you read that right) on eBay by a seller with no feedback.  The listing says the book ships from "China / Hong Kong / Taiwan" which sounds even more sketchy.

What's going on here?

EDIT:  The listing has been taken down -- wish I'd taken a screen shot.  At least I have the image of the book itself (there was no large version available).

s-l500.jpg

That's a scam.  These guys talk about it here on youtube.  here

Edited by Bluemedgroup

35 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

That’s nice. My 5.0 has the single quote and no blue. :(

Thanks!  That's why I sold my higher graded one and got this instead.  It's all because of these boards that had to mention little things like that :frustrated: and my collecting self told me that I needed to have a copy with the quotes and the blue to be "complete." 

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Thanks!  That's why I sold my higher graded one and got this instead.  It's all because of these boards that had to mention little things like that :frustrated: and my collecting self told me that I needed to have a copy with the quotes and the blue to be "complete." 

I know right! 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, Bluemedgroup said:
On 5/7/2019 at 9:40 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

What's going on here?

s-l500.jpg

That's a scam.  These guys talk about it here on youtube.  here

There's been several threads over in Comics General as well.

5 hours ago, 234wallst said:

I'm looking to upgrade (and would then part with this copy) put for now I'm also in the double quote + blue club.

IMG_3284.jpg

That's a fine looking 3.0!  Looks better than my 5.0 actually from the front cover (thumbsu

On 5/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, Dark Knight said:

Back in the club.   Sold my 5.5 for this copy instead because of the double quotes, blue under the table part. and better PQ :)

TOS #39 CGC 5.0.jpg

I have always went for the double quotes first, then the blue under the table second. Getting both is really awesome. The quotes are often cut off and most folks are not aware of it or care. Very nice downgrade Brian. :x

On 7/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, Chillax23 said:

My long search is over - I finally was able to snag a low grade copy (I happen to love detached covers in low grade because you get an awesome presenting book otherwise) and am finally in this club - very very happy to be a member :)  Happy to welcome Mr. Stark to the family .... blue under the table, but unfortunately no "double quotes" ah well :) 

831956982_TOS39FC.thumb.JPG.6d16fa4df14fee8c4f03dde17a87bebf.JPG

Welcome to the club, and awesome book!   :applause:

-J.

Hi Folks,

I was just having a browse through GPA and notice my that the value on a 1.5 has soared with a sale of $3116, much higher than the $2472 sale in May.

Is there  particular reason for this, or is it just a really lucky sale?

Cheers