• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I'm now officially a member of the club. I paid a little more than GPA on this book, but I decided that it was worth it. Now, just one more Marvel SA key to go: Incredible Hulk #1.

I have 1.5 sets of double quotes. And I have a very slight sliver of blue under the table. That's good enough for me!

Joe

ToS39.jpg

Very nice! That's a biggie!

On 8/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, GAMBIT said:

"Double Quotes" - (thumbsu

"Blue under table" - (thumbsu

"Bright cover colors" - (thumbsu

"Great PQ" - (thumbsu

1st App of Mr Tony Stark - :luhv:

1 of my favorites! :headbang:

TOS 39 7.0 A.jpg

Not sure I’ve ever seen that much green to the right of the double quotes. Spectacular book!

53 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen that much green to the right of the double quotes. Spectacular book!

Thanks man! and I agree! the cleanest quotes ive seen :headbang:

Ive had at least 4 of these in my personal collection over the years (ranging from 4.5 top 8.0) and this one is easily the best. :x

12 hours ago, serling1978 said:

This is my 2nd upgrade of this book. First one I got about 4 years ago and it was raw with an entirely taped spine. Then I moved on to a CGC 1.5 with a detached cover. Last week I got this one in the mail. 

0508201450.jpg

Easily one of the best marvel SA books!.. IMO having a copy, period is awesome!... Congrats on the upgrade :headbang:

My copy is with Kenny Sanderson right now! 

After many years of trying to get a copy and just never pulling the trigger for various reason,  I found a great deal on one with heavy amateur restoration.

I loved the book. Great color, PQ, no MC, but the resto was pretty poorly done. So I'm having Kenny "do it right". 

It will always be purple, there was no undoing it without mutilating a really nice book. But at least it will be quality restoration on a book I'll love to look at. 

20200912_144530.jpg