• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, mikeyc67 said:

Time to lower the tone

Here’s my new addition arrived today - complete but beat

6360DBBE-8C75-4989-872D-2780D521F5C2.jpeg

Yeah, it's a well-loved copy but still presentable.  Regardless, that baby right there (in any grade) is harder to find than the highest-grade cents copies whether posted here or not, so hold that chin up high!  (thumbsu  

Edited by Pantodude

On 9/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, Pantodude said:

Yeah, it's a well-loved copy but still presentable.  Regardless, that baby right there (in any grade) is harder to find than the highest-grade cents copies whether posted here or not, so hold that chin up high!  (thumbsu  

It's not only a pence copy, it has both quotes!

On 9/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's not only a pence copy, it has both quotes!

Holy!  Good point.  I was blinded by the pence indicia.  And it looks like the book has a moderate spine roll, which, if removed, might result in exceptional centering.  I'd be very curious to see how that plays out.  hm

Edited by Pantodude

On 10/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, BoomCity said:

My new addition. Likely a 1.8-2.0 due to the detached cover but it presents real nice so I’m happy to add it. The blue under the table is an added bonus. I’ll probably grade it soon but it’s fun to have a raw book in Mylar lol  

Anyone see the cgc 1.5 on comiclink? Sold for $7,150.

056432A9-8A43-4F4F-B30F-B8BBB8EF7BD8.jpeg

Nice, if that was mine I might honestly consider getting it conserved to re-attached the cover since it would mean a good bump in the technical grade (while still maintaining a 'blue' label). 

I saw the CL one just as I was haggling out a deal for another CGC 1.5, but it was bought up by someone else before we could finalize the numbers that included a key book traded towards it. Ended up going for the sellers full asking price of $5,600, guess I should have just pulled the trigger and bought it outright. oh well :D

On 10/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Nice, if that was mine I might honestly consider getting it conserved to re-attached the cover since it would mean a good bump in the technical grade (while still maintaining a 'blue' label). 

I saw the CL one just as I was haggling out a deal for another CGC 1.5, but it was bought up by someone else before we could finalize the numbers that included a key book traded towards it. Ended up going for the sellers full asking price of $5,600, guess I should have just pulled the trigger and bought it outright. oh well :D

I believe it was me you were discussing the 1.5 on FB with :D 

It actually sold for a bit more then $5600 in USD.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, mikeyc67 said:

I think all pence variants have two quotes? - here's my other copy

May be thinking of Alan Class Sinister Tales reprint 

323539006_ToS39.jpg.1e251850bd3c487ffde4f7d3da5ced42.jpg1998529227_ST23.jpg.adbc129a397e1d414f1fce79fb67c4f7.jpg

But the pence shown here only shows one of the right-most double quotes.   That is what is hard to find without the book being too mis-wrapped.  

Edited by Pantodude

On 10/6/2021 at 3:46 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Let's hope so, I'm selling this copy in the upcoming October ComicLink auction.

00000181685000111225522001.jpg

Come one come all!

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=1518792

Good luck with the auction!!! That's a beauty of an 8.5 copy. Should do very well I think.