• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

Before:

tos39fc.jpg

once upon a time this was an old label CGC 6.0 but i cracked it open, read it a few times and put it in my collection. Just got it back from CGC. I included the old label with the submission but they still gave it a different grade. I always thought it looked very nice for grade. This book has never been pressed.

After:

sc0000dc70_zpsa141b2ea.jpg

Very nice...and I assume you read it VERY CAREFULLY! Congrats on the upgrade. Looks like a legit 6.5 to me too.

Looks much nicer than a 6.5.

Before:

tos39fc.jpg

once upon a time this was an old label CGC 6.0 but i cracked it open, read it a few times and put it in my collection. Just got it back from CGC. I included the old label with the submission but they still gave it a different grade. I always thought it looked very nice for grade. This book has never been pressed.

After:

Very nice...and I assume you read it VERY CAREFULLY! Congrats on the upgrade. Looks like a legit 6.5 to me too.

+111

Before:

tos39fc.jpg

After:

+111

Thanks for the kind words guys. It just goes to show sometimes being an obsessive and eccentric comic collector pays off as we all know the safe thing to do would be never crack it and throw it in a vault but I just had to read it.

That's cool! You have one of those wall brackets with the wire running across! :applause:

Nice! Welcome to the Club! :foryou:

Clear fishing line is your friend. Would be sad to come home one day and see that my books fell off the ledge. The fishing line gives me piece of mind.

Oh, cool! I remember seeing these elastic type "ropes" that went across wall books so books could be added/removed easily behind the stretchy line. I thought that's what you had. I like the Clear fishing line though. Good stuff! (thumbs u

This thread makes me want to cry. I need this book in my life. I'm on holiday in NYC in a couple of weeks, might see what I can find, probably more luck than living in the middle of the British countryside......

Figured this club needs a :bump:

Is it just me or does Mr. Stark's first appearance seem to be doing very well in the low to mid grades right now?

-J.

It has had a nice jump in the recent two years but honestly...not the kind of jump I expected.

I'm not comparing the two characters but an AF15 in 2.0 goes for $5,000-$6,000

TOS 39 in 2.0 is $1,300.

Hell, even Hulk 1 in 2,0 is over 3k.

I'd think Iron Man's first appearance would garner a bit more value with the incredible popularity of Iron Man. But, that's just me. :)

Figured this club needs a :bump:

Is it just me or does Mr. Stark's first appearance seem to be doing very well in the low to mid grades right now?

-J.

It has had a nice jump in the recent two years but honestly...not the kind of jump I expected.

I'm not comparing the two characters but an AF15 in 2.0 goes for $5,000-$6,000

TOS 39 in 2.0 is $1,300.

Hell, even Hulk 1 in 2,0 is over 3k.

I'd think Iron Man's first appearance would garner a bit more value with the incredible popularity of Iron Man. But, that's just me. :)

I think it's an incredibly under-valued big key,it will get it's due.

It does appear to have some steam right now, and RDJ recently indicating that he is down to do more movies certainly won't hurt (him, obviously, or the book lol) but I wonder if it trails the other mega keys a bit simply because it's a 1963 book, and not a 1962 one. (shrug)

-J.