• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

I wasn't really ready to take the leap and purchase my grail. I expected that to happen years in the future, if ever, simply because of the cost. Then, the perfect book popped up at the right time...

25486232152_f3b0b80bfb_b.jpg

I'm really psyched to get such a nice cover (that light blotch around Iron Man's knee is just a reflection - the book has nice, even coloring) with *both quotation marks* in such a low grade. Really, just the perfect, affordable book for me.

Grader's notes:

Front Cover Large Lite Multiple Crease Breaks Color

Full Top Back Cover Lite Multiple Stain

Piece fill cover (Archival material, average quality over 2" x 2") Cover B-5

Spine Completely Split

My plan is to eventually crack it out, read it (a few times!), take lots of interior photos, and then send it to somebody like Matt for either a better restoration or even an upgrade to Conserved if possible.

:whee:

Edited by Vorpal

I bought this in 1994 from an ad in the back of CBG. Don't remember who I got it from, but I remember sending a check for $225 and crossing my fingers until it showed up in the mail about 10 days later.

29yh751.jpg

I bought this in 1994 from an ad in the back of CBG. Don't remember who I got it from, but I remember sending a check for $225 and crossing my fingers until it showed up in the mail about 10 days later.

29yh751.jpg

Awesome purchase and even better for holding on to it for this long. Congrats! :applause:

Excellent! Nice top-to-bottom cut, with blue showing under the bottom table (thumbs u

Excellent! Nice top-to-bottom cut, with blue showing under the bottom table (thumbs u

Thanks Vorpal. No quotes by the exclamation point though. I didn't realize how different the cuts on this book are until I started seeing all the different copies posted here.

Beautiful book, but owning that is like holding a ticking time bomb.

The Pacific Coast copy has been in a slab for 15 years now, and it's done just fine so far for each and every owner.

Hi --

Thought this would be a good place to ask.

Anyone out there have a centerfold from ToS 39 he or she wants to sell?? Yes, my copy is missing the centerfold. Would consider a beat-up coverless copy if price is right....

Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated!

Thank you.

lol The Pacific Coast copy is too nice and too expensive for me. My shot was way back in '99, when the TOS run and the rest of the SA Marvels first came to market in the days before CGC.

As for your solid copy, I'm reluctant to post a guess on the grade after my performance in the recent Board grading contest. :blush:

About to send it in. Any guesses on a grade?

Hard to tell from just pics but it looks to be somewhere in the VG range.