TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
13 13

443 posts in this topic

18,552 posts

:bump:

Since I can barely take how disgraceful comics general has become I am not letting the SA forum get that way. Lets bring the real deal threads back to where they belong.

6,580 posts

I'm looking for the cover of tos 39 if you have one please pm me!

1,035 posts

TOS 39 has really shown some nice gains over last few years. Also seems like gap btw beater and lower mid grade is closing. If new IronMan sales and mkt are still beating Spiderman, should a few more years before new/returning readers catch collecting bug and run this book into stratosphere. Glad I have my copy.

724 posts

Just reading through this thread has me drooling. This is the one, big book I hope to add to my collection this year. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the best presenting 1.5 or 1.8 I can find. :)

8,620 posts
TOS 39 has really shown some nice gains over last few years. Also seems like gap btw beater and lower mid grade is closing. If new IronMan sales and mkt are still beating Spiderman, should a few more years before new/returning readers catch collecting bug and run this book into stratosphere. Glad I have my copy.

Sell me your Adv 47... :baiting::tonofbricks::roflmao:

1,035 posts

you actually like that goofy dude in a purple/green leisure suit over iron man? yeah its a blue label w out tape or glue... not unlike my #46 :cry:

I need to learn how to fix my sig line so I can add my TOS 39 and FF 1. My other trophies :whee:

8,620 posts

you actually like that goofy dude in a purple/green leisure suit over iron man? yeah its a blue label w out tape or glue... not unlike my #46 :cry:

I need to learn how to fix my sig line so I can add my TOS 39 and FF 1. My other trophies :whee:

I have a TOS 39 too. :banana: (I should have updated my sig. line ages ago.)

With respect to Sandman, I have a 46, 51 and 60. A dream grail would be Adventure 40, but that's crazy GA talk in a SA thread.

4,121 posts

I'm an animal, and Stark flew back in my door with Stan on his back. It took me by surprise. I'm a happy camper. With that said, I'm already looking to swap for a higher grade blue label (4.5-5.5). I'm beginning to get batty, as all my big keys are blue label and there is something special on the big boys in all of their pure entirety, as much as I enjoy Stan and SS. So all you guys who want Starks with Stan let a brother know. If it doesn't happen, I won't shed a tear though. I'm happy he's safe with his Marvel brothers. JIM is next and last on my grail quest. Starks out.

630E1ADD-7F52-4313-87A6-9C44A614DA27_zpsjll2e7nc.jpg

4,121 posts
156soeh.jpg

ROCK THE VOTE! :headbang:

Rebooted Club threads - Yay or Nay

You have my vote Pedro lol

663 posts
I'm an animal, and Stark flew back in my door with Stan on his back. It took me by surprise. I'm a happy camper. With that said, I'm already looking to swap for a higher grade blue label (4.5-5.5). I'm beginning to get batty, as all my big keys are blue label and there is something special on the big boys in all of their pure entirety, as much as I enjoy Stan and SS. So all you guys who want Starks with Stan let a brother know. If it doesn't happen, I won't shed a tear though. I'm happy he's safe with his Marvel brothers. JIM is next and last on my grail quest. Starks out.

Welcome back! Sweet looking copy!

4,061 posts

Before:

tos39fc.jpg

once upon a time this was an old label CGC 6.0 but i cracked it open, read it a few times and put it in my collection. Just got it back from CGC. I included the old label with the submission but they still gave it a different grade. I always thought it looked very nice for grade. This book has never been pressed.

After:

sc0000dc70_zpsa141b2ea.jpg

3,316 posts
:applause:

4,121 posts

Welcome back! Sweet looking copy!

Thanks man. Good to be back. Yeah, I had just listened to Iron Man and felt at ease again.

46,083 posts

Beautiful books guys. :applause:

2,190 posts

:cloud9::headbang:

808 posts
Before:

tos39fc.jpg

once upon a time this was an old label CGC 6.0 but i cracked it open, read it a few times and put it in my collection. Just got it back from CGC. I included the old label with the submission but they still gave it a different grade. I always thought it looked very nice for grade. This book has never been pressed.

After:

sc0000dc70_zpsa141b2ea.jpg

Very nice...and I assume you read it VERY CAREFULLY! Congrats on the upgrade. Looks like a legit 6.5 to me too.