• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC SS and CGC pressing

28 posts in this topic

Yes it is possible to do so but you need to leave it in the case and send it to CCS first prior to having it regraded by CGC. I have never tried pressing an already CGC SS slabbed comic but have broken them free to get sigs on and then pressed them. All of my attempts at pressing have gone well but with everything there is always a risk.

Just to add ... you are not required to submit to CCS for pressing to retain the yellow label. I know Joey Post can do this also, and there might be a very few others that are allowed to press and retain yellow label books.

Just to add ... you are not required to submit to CCS for pressing to retain the yellow label. I know Joey Post can do this also, and there might be a very few others that are allowed to press and retain yellow label books.

This is very true, but also figured you would be a little new at this. Big thing it needs to be someone authorized by CGC. For me I do know Joey Post does it and not sure but I think Rich Henn does also... Either way be very careful especially if it is a harder to obtain signature or older book. Some books are brittle as well depending on age and when pressed issues WILL come up if they are. Maybe check out the grader notes on your books before doing it. I do know CCS will inspect first before cracking them open.

Joey is also 1,000x better than CCS from my own personal experience.

i am getting the comics signed through a store, so I won't be able to submit to the

famous Joey Post.

I hope your store has a facilitator or a deal with CGC of some kind to act in such a manner or they will all come back GLOD.

i am getting the comics signed through a store, so I won't be able to submit to the

famous Joey Post.

I hope your store has a facilitator or a deal with CGC of some kind to act in such a manner or they will all come back GLOD.

+1 ... make absolutely sure they have arrangements with CGC in advance.

famous Joey Post.

+1

I've done this through Joey and he's had some pretty incredible results (but wasn't adding any sigs):

Supergirl11.jpg

UpdatedSupergirl.jpg

Edited by Thawk

famous Joey Post.

+1

I've done this through Joey and he's had some pretty incredible results (but wasn't adding any sigs):

Supergirl11.jpg

UpdatedSupergirl.jpg

Wow, that is a heck of an upgrade.