• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC SS and CGC pressing

28 posts in this topic

yeah it was - there were some serious non color breaking spine curl issues. Joey is the man. I also had a Justice League 1 RRP go from a 7.0 to an 8.0 (also yellow label) under his watch.

Edited by Thawk

In fairness and for the sake of expectations - I think Joey said that Supergirl bump was the biggest yellow label bump he's ever gotten from a press. So definitely not common. On top of that, I shopped for it with the intent of trying to get a copy that was worthy of a press upgrade - so it's not like he's just magically turning every book into N/M - there was some intentionalality behind both those bumps.

That's not to take away from his skill - I'd use him every time and recommend him to everyone - he's the best. Just don't want unrealistic expectations out there.

Having a hard time finding a clear (up-to-date) answer. Have a couple SS books I would like pressed and resub’d but want to make sure I still get yellow label. Is this just CCS these days?  I only ask because the wait time at CCS is so long (moderns).  Does anyone know if there is a list of ‘authorized SS pressers’ or has CGC opened it up to allow anyone to send in with original label or have they closed to it down to just in house CCS?

I'll let you know what happens with me. I subbed a 9.4 SS for a press and re-grade. It is in Grading/Quality control right now (Submission Tracking still says it is an SS). I should get results tomorrow.

Edited by justin

Reviving this post, anybody have a list of authorized CGC SS pressers that are designed to retain the yellow label? Saw recommendations for Joey Post, how can I get in touch with him? PM me if you have his email.

Also, please share more good/bad stories for people who went this route, CCS or otherwise. Thank you very much.

Update: Never mind on the Joey Post question. Saw a post that says CFP = Joey Post :headbang:

Edited by bobotski