• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,487 posts in this topic

Hadn't seen a copy of this one before.  Kind of an unusual portrayal of a pensive couple.  Although I suppose I would be pensive too if I were an outsider, a romance wrecker, and the whole town was talking about me. hm

lf_zpslcgmsnc2.JPG

32 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Hadn't seen a copy of this one before.  Kind of an unusual portrayal of a pensive couple.  Although I suppose I would be pensive too if I were an outsider, a romance wrecker, and the whole town was talking about me. hm

lf_zpslcgmsnc2.JPG

Ah! So it was you!

17 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I hope you also got the rest of those Ace's... the Revealing Romances #5 was at the top of my list.

No, that was the only romance book I won last night.  None of the rest of them were really singing to me and I'm trying avoid being sucked into collecting long runs that contain covers I'm not crazy about.  I put in fairly strong bids on three Young Romance books but woke up to find I went 0-3.  Would have bid higher, but on two of the three, arrival dates were written right across the girl's forehead.  Ouch!

Picked up my first Fox Giant (Romantic Thrills, nn) at WonderCon over the weekend and perusing the book I noticed that some of the first story pages were absent. In other words, a new story would begin with Page 2 (including the very first story in the book).

The page count on the book is correct (64 pages), so I presume this anomaly is due to Fox printing the 1st page of the story on the regular issue's inside front cover. When rebound, naturally that page would be absent since the cover isn't there anymore.

So an interesting combination, a giant with a complete book page-count but several stories incomplete as rebound. 

4 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Picked up my first Fox Giant (Romantic Thrills, nn) at WonderCon over the weekend and perusing the book I noticed that some of the first story pages were absent. In other words, a new story would begin with Page 2 (including the very first story in the book).

The page count on the book is correct (64 pages), so I presume this anomaly is due to Fox printing the 1st page of the story on the regular issue's inside front cover. When rebound, naturally that page would be absent since the cover isn't there anymore.

So an interesting combination, a giant with a complete book page-count but several stories incomplete as rebound. 

That's how Fox did it Steve. They were VERY cheap in their production. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

That's how Fox did it Steve. They were VERY cheap in their production. 

Thanks Bob - I'll identify the individual stories and find out through GCD what are the specific issues rebound, then hopefully Comic Book Plus will be able to provide the absent pages.

I wonder how someone felt buying a giant like this off the newsstand, only to have several stories begin with Page 2!!

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I wonder how someone felt buying a giant like this off the newsstand, only to have several stories begin with Page 2!!

Yep. I've seen that phenomenon a bunch of times with Fox books.

Hey, if you get the kids' dimes (or quarters) that's all that matters. It's just comic books! Nobody cares. :D

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

This tough trio qualifies, I think (especially in this condition):

SaddleTrio.png

True dat in ANY condition. I just bought a low grade 11 here on the boards and was thrilled to receive it yesterday. I am still missing 9 and can't remember the last time I saw any copy for sale.

2 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Got this sharp looking copy in the mail today... none on census.  Got to pick it as my prize for coming in 3rd place in the March Madness grading tourney...many thanks to @Red84 for offering up this prize that was far more than is deserved for the "accomplishment"...

alltrueromance4vgf.jpg

:applause:..And another 'Comic Media pub.'. Congrats, that's your second early issue from that title you have posted if i'm right. Some interior shots please if you can. These have very interesting 'insides' (:

3 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:..And another 'Comic Media pub.'. Congrats, that's your second early issue from that title you have posted if i'm right. Some interior shots please if you can. These have very interesting 'insides' (:

Yep got the #6 a few months ago...book is inaccessible atm but I'll post some interior shots when able.  The art inside at first glance was pretty good.

On 3/20/2018 at 7:39 AM, 29dukedog said:

I've bought a few things from Microbia... I'm pretty sure my CL 15 came from him... (CGC 9.0, from the 'Circle 8' collection)... wonder if he remembers this one... though it was about ten years ago...  

(Welcome to the boards, M!)    

cl15_pb.jpg

whatabook!