• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

Rita Hayworth is referenced a lot on these Boards for look a like model covers of the photo, line, and painted variety. But how about an actual Hayworth 'glam' cover? Beat but complete. Her other cover later in the run (a war themed cover) features Miss Hayworth with shorter locks and not as dolled up. That's actor Glen Ford with her on the cover (Pa Kent from 'Superman '78').

The issue features a four page biography with text and pictures of her life to that point. There's also a great headlight splash that was so good it was reworked for issue #12 of the series.

Great Lover Romances #10.jpg

20180521_100631.jpg

20180521_100706.jpg

Edited by sagii

32 minutes ago, sagii said:

Glen Ford with her on the cover

My fave movie with Glenn Ford is Cimmaron (1960). Loved it as a kid and weirdly ended living in Oklahoma years later.

Thanks for the interior shots.

14 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

My fave movie with Glenn Ford is Cimmaron (1960). Loved it as a kid and weirdly ended living in Oklahoma years later.

Thanks, and NP sir! 

4 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Gilda, starring Glenn and Rita, is probably my favorite of his.  I don't know if that was the only film they co-starred in. 

3 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I bid on it … but I was too cheap :cry:

It would be interesting to put each -script line to the final product and see how it all ended up.  

2 hours ago, JvR11 said:

Very cool.  I would have bid on it if I had seen it.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, MrBedrock said:

Marlon Brando is in the hizzouse!

personallove31.jpg

It always made me a tiny bit mad that that issue wasn't one of the Frazetta issues..... one of the best covers in a run full of great covers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/23/2018 at 9:25 AM, JvR11 said:

There was a second -script posted by the same seller (not romance, I recall).  I don't believe it sold for much either...

On 4/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, Yorick said:

I don't think these are particularly rare, but there are 3 copies on the census of Glamorous Romances 55 (very high grade!) and no representation for the others.  There are a handful of Ace painted covers that are on my must-have list and all by the same artist (whom I have yet to identify).  The Love Tales might just be my favorite Colletta cover.

Glamorous Romances 55.JPG

From Love Fiction Magazine Sept, 1948

lfs1048.jpg.fd465ac80da1bea09f74c8eb8d1f992c.jpg

3 hours ago, GACollectibles said:

From Love Fiction Magazine Sept, 1948

lfs1048.jpg.fd465ac80da1bea09f74c8eb8d1f992c.jpg

NICE!  I only have a few of the magazines, but they are all falling apart.  Must be the poor paper quality...

Love Fiction Mag Oct 45.JPG

26 minutes ago, Yorick said:

NICE!  I only have a few of the magazines, but they are all falling apart.  Must be the poor paper quality...

Love Fiction Mag Oct 45.JPG

I have a few romance pulps, here are some of them.

32706%20169.jpg