• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, pmpknface said:

I love this.  Not only are the couple DRIVING the sled making out but the other couple doesn't care.  And the girl on the right (*sob*) has her out loud (*sob*) comments just as they pass by.  Great stuff!  

You mean S.O.B. comments.  HAHA!  Perfectly placed in the word ballon!  I don't see a Code Authority stamp....

On 6/29/2018 at 11:50 AM, MrBedrock said:

Two strangers on a train, an attractive young woman and a military man. She is glancing his way, catches his attention, and makes a very suggestive hand signal. His eyebrows raise in recognition. All of this is happening as a church passes between them in the distance. Can someone explain the symbolism to me?

loverslane9.jpg

Well, if it was a Hitchcock movie ....

On 7/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, Yorick said:
On 7/2/2018 at 5:26 PM, pmpknface said:

I love this.  Not only are the couple DRIVING the sled making out but the other couple doesn't care.  And the girl on the right (*sob*) has her out loud (*sob*) comments just as they pass by.  Great stuff!  

You mean S.O.B. comments.  HAHA!  Perfectly placed in the word ballon!  I don't see a Code Authority stamp....

The amount of unused white space in the word balloon almost makes me wonder if the text wasn't rewritten/censored? hm

This is kind of a fun one.  Colletta doing (apparently) Robert Mitchum.  Only copy on the census. 

Really bad Newton rings.  Anyone else think that the Newton ring problem has been particularly bad lately?

2018-07-05-0002_zps5ejp2mnl.JPG

8 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

One of my favorite romance books ... but look at the Newton rings all over Marilyn's kisser! :cry:

2018-07-05-0001_zpsnvjwgvnp.JPG

Breaks my heart.  But... if the rings are that conspicuous, won't CGC reholder the book free of charge?  

15 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Breaks my heart.  But... if the rings are that conspicuous, won't CGC reholder the book free of charge?  

They might, but lately it seems as if a lot of books are coming back with bad Newton rings.  I was talking to someone at Heritage about it and he said, "Don't get me started on the subject of Newton rings!"  So, it seems like it has become a significant issue again.

I have a feeling that I could get them to reslab it, but it might well come back in the same shape.  I think there must be something going on.  Maybe a problem with the materials they've been using lately?

On 7/7/2018 at 3:20 PM, porcupine48 said:

Ugh.I couldn't stand that,i'd be setting her free.

I see your point, but Marilyn on the loose could be dangerous. hm

58 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The thing I like best about 1950s romance books is how they celebrated young, innocent love.  :luhv:

00930630850000111566270007.jpg

Really nice. Nobody did it like Superior (but I don't see anything innocent in that man's intentions :baiting: )