• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,490 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

Just picked up some pretty romance issues!

loveproblems33.jpg

popularromance11.jpg

teenagebrides3.jpg

intimatelove12.jpg

intimatelove15.jpg

intimatelove28.jpg

popularromance12.jpg

popularromance14.jpg

popularromance15.jpg

teenagebrides5.jpg

teenagebrides6.jpg

teenagebrides7.jpg

thrillingromances8.jpg

thrillingromances11.jpg

thrillingromances17.jpg

todaysromance8.jpg

Wow Dale. Nice books. When did you start collecting romance comics?

42 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

About the same time you started trolling me.

So never?

Quit spamming our thread!

In all seriousness, I didn't include any links to my site or offers to sell. I bought these books because I had not seen most of them before. Most of them there are no graded copies of. I had someone tell me at SDCC that they had never seen the last issue of Thrilling Romances before. I just thought they were pretty cool and they have some very nice artists inside (some of them at least). 

On 6/29/2018 at 11:50 AM, MrBedrock said:

Two strangers on a train, an attractive young woman and a military man. She is glancing his way, catches his attention, and makes a very suggestive hand signal. His eyebrows raise in recognition. All of this is happening as a church passes between them in the distance. Can someone explain the symbolism to me?

loverslane9.jpg

The symbolism is- Missed opportunities & regrets, of course.

The soldier is looking past the woman at the church, wishing he had joined the seminary instead of the military.  He longs for the days of wafers and wine at Sunday mass.  He's also wondering if there is another means of access and egress for the churchgoers, assuming there is one on the front of the building but not one obvious from what he can see on the side/back.  

The woman, obviously wearing a beeping FitBit, is a Soviet undercover operative and has signaled to her passing accomplice that this man will be her unwitting accomplice in a series of scandals that will rock the military from top to bottom including the stunning revelation that both of them have tattoos that say "You Can't Marry A Stranger".

Amiright?

Blazing Bob of www.highgradecomics.com just unveiled a TON of New Arrivals in the Romance genre. I must confess to snagging several, but what's left is definitely NOT sloppy seconds. There's still a couple dozen that I would have loved to grab, but ran out of funds..... everything from GA to BA …. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

HG DREAM BOOK OF ROMANCE 7.jpg

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

Almost pulled the trigger on that one myself.  Great Colletta story inside, also Maneely and Pike.  Would have but I've got a copy already!  Bob still has one more copy left, a nice looking F-.

It's one I'm never seeing in any kind of shape ….. he's still got a bunch of Atlas books. He doesn't have them priced too badly either. GOD BLESS...

24 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

The precode Hatleys and Collettas are just real real tough.

I'm a sucker for a Colletta cover..... especially if it contains a Pike story sandwiched between two Collettas. He also had some nice LB Cole books and a few of the Baker Quality's. All those 12 and 15 cent DC romances were pretty cool. GOD BLESS...