• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Not one of the spiffier Crippens, but I can't recall having seen a copy of this issue before.  Here's an oddity:  CGC indicates it was published by Ziff-Davis, whereas GCD says St. John. hm

rom_zpsevuyoltz.JPG

The cover says St. John but CGC probably didn't look at the cover while grading it. Apparently for romance comics the cover is the least important part.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 11/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, Sqeggs said:

Not one of the spiffier Crippens, but I can't recall having seen a copy of this issue before.  Here's an oddity:  CGC indicates it was published by Ziff-Davis, whereas GCD says St. John. hm

rom_zpsevuyoltz.JPG

The cover says St. John but CGC probably didn't look at the cover while grading it. Apparently for romance comics the cover is the least important part.

Right you are!  Somehow, I didn't even notice that. doh!

Makes CGC's mistake doubly odd.  I don't think they see many of these, so somebody probably looked at Overstreet (or GCD) and didn't notice that 17 was the last Z-D issue and 18 the first St J. issue.

14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Right you are!  Somehow, I didn't even notice that. doh!

Makes CGC's mistake doubly odd.  I don't think they see many of these, so somebody probably looked at Overstreet (or GCD) and didn't notice that 17 was the last Z-D issue and 18 the first St J. issue.

I know this is a small mistake, but stuff like this irks me. CGC is supposed to be all about accuracy.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:21 PM, Robot Man said:

Unusual one. Printed with 2 front covers!

One on the front and one on the back.

AF8E752E-5070-498B-8A8F-565DDC2B093B.jpeg

C503FA94-ED8E-4013-8E8C-2B1AFD8F53ED.jpeg

That is awesome.  "Just in case you didn't like the painted cover!"