• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

According to the Metropolitans, this is the Church copy.  We'll see if the skeptical, hard-bitten, seen-it-all CGC graders agree. 

dea7.3a.jpg

That is a stunning copy! You'd think Metro's word would be enough, a goof like that could hurt their rep badly. 

Strange, gorgeous covers that they are but these don't seem to get the love of his other Nedor airbrush covers (shrug)

45 minutes ago, sagii said:

That is a stunning copy! You'd think Metro's word would be enough, a goof like that could hurt their rep badly. 

Strange, gorgeous covers that they are but these don't seem to get the love of his other Nedor airbrush covers (shrug)

Yes, I agree.  I think they are some of his best comic book work. 

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

This one is pretty tough only 3 graded

Scan0041_zpsyz6llveu.jpg.1afa773fbae40df387c8ecef0f911388.jpg

I'm glad that one of them is mine! You very rarely see high-grade copies of these Cole romance books.  I think there are even fewer high-grade copies of these books than there are high-grade Baker St John books. 

2019-02-09-0001.jpg

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

GCD doesn't identify the cover artist, but it looks like Hartley to me (although he signed a lot of his work, iirc).

MISSAMERICA84.jpg

yeh, and he signed this one too - see the little sign in the background "Vivid Hartley"

Edited by Dr. Love