• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think this is the toughest issue in this short series.  At any rate, I had trouble finding a copy. 

2019-02-13-0002.jpg

I remember when Forbidden Love was 'the' series of the Quality Romance photo cover books (or Romance photo covers in general, probably only second to Negro Romance a ways back). 

Took me a while to complete the run as the two later issues 3 and 4 are tough books. Now when they pop up, they are often met with resistance to stiff buy it now prices. They are still a milestone for me in my 'long time to complete' collecting endeavors, and still tops in my book.

But it would seem Untamed Love is the new champ in that regard hm

19 minutes ago, sagii said:

I remember when Forbidden Love was 'the' series of the Quality Romance photo cover books (or Romance photo covers in general, probably only second to Negro Romance a ways back). 

Took me a while to complete the run as the two later issues 3 and 4 are tough books. Now when they pop up, they are often met with resistance to stiff buy it now prices. They are still a milestone for me in my 'long time to complete' collecting endeavors, and still tops in my book.

But it would seem Untamed Love is the new champ in that regard hm

Did you complete your NR run? I can't remember, but I believe you did.  Such tough books!

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Did you complete your NR run? I can't remember, but I believe you did.  Such tough books!

All three Fawcett issues, but I don't have #4 by Charlton * (I have an asterisk like Bonds, Sosa and McGwire :D )

19 minutes ago, sagii said:

All three Fawcett issues, but I don't have #4 by Charlton * (I have an asterisk like Bonds, Sosa and McGwire :D )

Am I remembering correctly that the Charlton issue even says Negro Romances in the indicia?  If so, it merits a double **!

8 hours ago, Point Five said:

"The only reason I'm marrying him is for his MONEY!"
"That's why I wanted them to LET ME DIE!"

Can you feel the radiant love?  <3<3

radiantlove2.jpg.711db420db42565038b4194783e1cd30.jpg

Lovely match lol

On 2/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, Sqeggs said:

I think this is the toughest issue in this short series.  At any rate, I had trouble finding a copy. 

2019-02-13-0002.jpg

Never seen this one before, none on the Census.

Issue 4 (Yvonne DeCarlo phot cover) only has a single copy in Census.

My favorite of the mini-run is #3 (Harem girl photo cover). :cloud9:

13 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Romantic adventures #24  There are no copies in the cgc census!  Anybody here has a copy?

Don't go by the census it is just nobody has graded copies in highgrade.My copy is alright and i'm glad to have one but not worthy of cgc (thumbsu

Scan0013_zpsgyz7eo6l.jpg.dd1842e49225e35dfb01da1a0dc80754.jpg