• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, szav said:

I know its a silver age book but it belongs in this thread, and the topic of DC romance came up recently so ....courtesy of a boardie.  As often as the word gets overused I feel this one's truly a grail.  Paid a hefty ransom for it, but well see in a few years whether its me or the seller who regrets the transaction.

SH83fvf.jpg

SH83splash.jpg

:applause:Very nice! Classic splash I believe.

16 hours ago, szav said:

I know its a silver age book but it belongs in this thread, and the topic of DC romance came up recently so ....courtesy of a boardie.  As often as the word gets overused I feel this one's truly a grail.  Paid a hefty ransom for it, but well see in a few years whether its me or the seller who regrets the transaction.

I've been hunting for a nice copy of that for a little while.  Yours is QUITE nice.  I only know what it is from reading the threads here.  Fortunately, I have a few of them...

Picked up my first two Superior romance books (My Secret Marriage #1 and #20) today at Wondercon. The interiors (by the Iger Shop) are surprisingly good and tasty. 

I presume these Superiors are comparatively scarce in grade, I found less than 10 in the dealers’ room with the highest being raw VG/F.

Edited by sacentaur

58 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Not a Baker in the bunch, but I’m quite pleased with my WonderCon haul...

AC8EE94A-F59A-48DC-B02E-E522CB62FF0B.jpeg

Ummm.... Exotic Romances?  ... Baker attribution.

That Untamed Love looks like a perfect copy.  I have one in about 6.0.  LOVE it.

Just now, Yorick said:

Ummm.... Exotic Romances?  ... Baker attribution.

That Untamed Love looks like a perfect copy.  I have one in about 6.0.  LOVE it.

Yup, and a very well done Baker story it is.

The green background on the Untamed Love 2 is deeply rich. Normally I don’t go in for photo covers but she’s a perky cutie. The book has white pages, too. 

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Wow Steve that’s a whole lotta love! Didn’t get that black cover beauty from Harley? I looked a a few of those Quality Bakers but just don’t care for them I guess.

It was tough to get many good books in there. Seemed like a lot of Love and ECs. I LOVE ECs so I went down that road. I know me, Ron Murray and a couple other guys resorted to cheap box diving on Sat. Lots of good affordable stuff if one gets their heads out of the clouds, roll up their sleeves and dig in. Got a lot of fun stuff I didn’t bother to post.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Wow Steve that’s a whole lotta love! Didn’t get that black cover beauty from Harley? 

I reluctantly passed and another boardie wisely snatched it up...Yvonne De Carlo. :luhv:

On 3/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, szav said:
On 3/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I like Odgen Whitney's art more than Matt Baker's.

There, I said it. :shy:

I like Maurice Whitman better than Matt Baker... there I said it.

Just never say it again! :taptaptap:

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Great books!  Those two Love Tales are pretty tough Marvel/Atlas romance books. I don't like many romance photo covers, but those are two good ones.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:45 PM, sacentaur said:

Picked up my first two Superior romance books (My Secret Marriage #1 and #20) today at Wondercon. The interiors (by the Iger Shop) are surprisingly good and tasty. 

I presume these Superiors are comparatively scarce in grade, I found less than 10 in the dealers’ room with the highest being raw VG/F.

Finding them in decent shape is certainly a challenge.

On 3/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, jimjum12 said:

It's probably a File Copy, but no way to know for sure.... I've been a closet fan of the photo cover Romance books for a while now. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a frien d of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN7494 (2).JPG

Comic Book Cover For Love at First Sight #23

That's a beaut!  I'll agree that this is one of the better photo covers. 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Ok.  Now tell me with that full moon that this guy isn't going to turn into a werewolf.  He looks like he may already be half way there. :whatthe:

RADE08D12019312_113535.jpg

I don’t buy many love books, but I’d probably make an exception for that one...

On 3/12/2019 at 11:06 PM, Dr. Love said:

It's a little easier to see Everett's hand on this one.

One of only two signed Everett romance covers.  Which is the same amount for Heath.

LoveRomances70fc100_zpsc856d2af.jpg

Dang!  Colletta just inked the heck out of those two.  I wonder if his first step was to erase Everett's pencils? hm

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:
5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Ok.  Now tell me with that full moon that this guy isn't going to turn into a werewolf.  He looks like he may already be half way there. :whatthe:

RADE08D12019312_113535.jpg

I don’t buy many love books, but I’d probably make an exception for that one...

Makes me wonder if it started as a horror cover and then somebody at Gilmor said, "Hey wait! The cover never came in for Radiant Love 6.  What can we use? Let's see, if we cut the fangs on this guy and clean him up a little, it just might work."