• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2019 at 9:26 PM, comicnoir said:

I love Hitch. Especially Vertigo. Got a framed half sheet in my living room. Just picked up a Frenzy one sheet off Ha movie poster weekly. Just studied his movies. Here is my pencil drawing of the master I did out of art school.

hitchcock.jpeg

That's awesome!  I have a Rebecca insert, a Birds Australian insert, a Notorious re-release poster all framed hanging and a few others.  I also just got this one and it's on the wall (not my copy, but it's just as sweet):

MV5BMjFlY2ZhNzQtZmY0MC00Y2IwLTg1MTEtZDFh

..just posting this cover again to highlight a special significance: The dude is crying!! An overwhelming amount of Romance covers feature a girl all teary eyed. I can't think of another cover where i see the guy crying over a girl. Challenge of the day, post a Romance cover with a guy bawling his eyes out (even take Silver age if anyone can find one)

True Love Problems #14.jpg

2 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Great question!

Not my copy:

240563.jpg.cf81aa8e8ff443f969fe88e6074d24c9.jpg

Wow! Didnt think another one was out there :applause:

Major points sir! And a purple/pink cover to boot! 

..and now on the wantlist 

Nicely done gents, and so fast!  Have seen the Charltons, but never seen that ACG book before, that's a winner!

Guys being upset over relationship, like sad not mad, are so rare in romance.  Funny, you'd think that would be a natural winner for the target audience - guys getting some of the pain for a change. 

Here's the only other one I can think of that even comes close.  A nice mood piece.

HeartThrobs55fc_zpsmawf8hlh.jpg