• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

Slowly collecting a set of the I.W./Super Comics reprints and I finally found the last romance issue I needed. Some of these were very tough to find in any condition. The list may be incomplete, a couple of unknown variants have been found in the last few years, so if anyone has one that isn't shown, please share. :) 

DreamOfLove001IW.jpg

DreamOfLove002IW.jpg

DreamOfLove008IW.jpg

DreamOfLove009IW.jpg

6 hours ago, fett said:

IntimateConfessions009IW.jpg

IntimateConfessions010IW.jpg

IntimateConfessions012IW.jpg

IntimateConfessions018IW.jpg

A bunch of really nice IW books fett. At least a few I haven't seen before.

The inside of the "book" on this Intimate Confessions #9 is L. B. Cole's art for True To Life Romances #4 but with all the colors changed and the Cole signature erased.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:32 PM, sagii said:

...One that i saw @Sqeggs post a few years back? Iv'e been on the hunt for one since. Hunt came to end last week. Cover subject of violent Girls Gangs? In the 50's? Precode goodness! Very special Romance entry. Filled with toxic...hm

Young Love #55.jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

Yeah, that's definitely a cool book. I like "wild teens of the '50s" books. 

On 6/29/2019 at 4:22 PM, fett said:

Slowly collecting a set of the I.W./Super Comics reprints and I finally found the last romance issue I needed. Some of these were very tough to find in any condition. The list may be incomplete, a couple of unknown variants have been found in the last few years, so if anyone has one that isn't shown, please share. :) 

DreamOfLove001IW.jpg

DreamOfLove002IW.jpg

DreamOfLove008IW.jpg

DreamOfLove009IW.jpg

A couple of cool Kinstler covers in there.

My understanding is the guy behind IW didn't bother asking permission or paying royalties; he just ripped off whatever he felt like. If I've got that wrong, I'd love to know the actual story.