• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,489 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Fujitani did some good work. The glare from my scanner makes it seem as if an usher is using his flashlight on them and is about to tell them to break it up! :)

Tough to find these books even in presentable mid-grade.

2019-07-17-0001.jpg

:applause:Lovely! 

His Romance covers are stand out!!

1 minute ago, sacentaur said:

I’m a big Fujitani fan, met him once at SDCC.

His painted Crime Does Not Pay covers are outstanding, as well.

Absolutely, those are incredible works also!

Cool that you got to actually meet him ! :headbang:

I think over in the Baker thread, we nailed down who did this cover. Darned if I can remember who it was, though.

Of course, given that I can't seem to remember which books I still own, that may not be surprising. 

2019-07-17-0001.jpg

On 7/17/2019 at 11:36 AM, Sqeggs said:

I think over in the Baker thread, we nailed down who did this cover. Darned if I can remember who it was, though.

Of course, given that I can't seem to remember which books I still own, that may not be surprising. 

2019-07-17-0001.jpg

"Downes" is the signature (more clearly signed on some of the Manhunt covers) right side underneath her glove.  I'm still working on figuring out the first name....  I can't find anything.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, Yorick said:

"Downes" is the signature (more clearly signed on some of the Manhunt covers) right side underneath her glove.  I'm still working on figuring out the first name....  I can't find anything.

Your eyes are better than mine! I can't see anything under her glove. hm

Relatively common issue and this one has a bad wrap (although nice pq), but one of my favorite Cole romance covers. Does make me wonder whether he drew it not expecting there to be any dialog (which the cover would be off without, imo). Maybe before the war they met at ventriloquist school? hm

RADC36F72019212_132323.jpg