• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Really?  All I see is Colletta. (shrug)

@Tri-ColorBrian that is a BOLD tri-color copy right there!!  Wow.  You must have altered those colors digitally.  :baiting:

I agree with you on Colletta, and MCS lists it as Giordano and Colletta.  As for the colors, the only thing that's slightly off is the blue on the guys shirt.  My scanner made it a little too dark...other than that it's the way it is.  :banana: Glad you all like it...I bought it for the colors.  I really didn't think it was anything special at the time, but it does seem to be hard to find...

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

Really?  All I see is Colletta. (shrug)

@Tri-ColorBrian that is a BOLD tri-color copy right there!!  Wow.  You must have altered those colors digitally.  :baiting:

41 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I agree with you on Colletta, and MCS lists it as Giordano and Colletta.  As for the colors, the only thing that's slightly off is the blue on the guys shirt.  My scanner made it a little too dark...other than that it's the way it is.  :banana: Glad you all like it...I bought it for the colors.  I really didn't think it was anything special at the time, but it does seem to be hard to find...

We can agree to disagree, there are even books in the Art of Glamour , the definitive Baker work authority of the moment, that are credited to him and some here dispute that. We will never know.

I used to shrug off many of the books listed on GCD 'corrected' as Baker/Colletta but previously credited to only Colletta. And then i took a closer look. It can be something as subtle as a woman's 'smile', the profile (again, especially the ladies), the eyes, but there is something different when compared to ones that are obviously Colletta. Lots of roses, lots of 'scratchy' pencils, striped blouses and suits, eyelashes galore. I can't recall many animals on other Colletta covers, so i'm more inclined to consider he had some assist on this one. Baker did work for Charlton and Atlas. This isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

If i ever do a Journal again, i want to a segment where i'd like to Thread it with many examples with side by side comparison on what i mean by this. 

..and now in true passive aggressive fashion ..Killer Colletta book sir! @Yorick (:

:foryou:

40 minutes ago, sagii said:

We can agree to disagree, there are even books in the Art of Glamour , the definitive Baker work authority of the moment, that are credited to him and some here dispute that. We will never know.

I used to shrug off many of the books listed on GCD 'corrected' as Baker/Colletta but previously credited to only Colletta. And then i took a closer look. It can be something as subtle as a woman's 'smile', the profile (again, especially the ladies), the eyes, but there is something different when compared to ones that are obviously Colletta. Lots of roses, lots of 'scratchy' pencils, striped blouses and suits, eyelashes galore. I can't recall many animals on other Colletta covers, so i'm more inclined to consider he had some assist on this one. Baker did work for Charlton and Atlas. This isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

If i ever do a Journal again, i want to a segment where i'd like to Thread it with many examples with side by side comparison on what i mean by this. 

..and now in true passive aggressive fashion ..Killer Colletta book sir! @Yorick (:

:foryou:

We don't necessarily disagree, but like you said, we may never know for sure.  I am not as passionate about knowing exactly who drew what...I just appreciate the covers for what they are...(shrug)

17 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

We don't necessarily disagree, but like you said, we may never know for sure.  I am not as passionate about knowing exactly who drew what...I just appreciate the covers for what they are...(shrug)

..Can't believe it only cost you $5 (:

4 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This is embarrassing...I didn't realize how much my scanner was off on my book.  I fixed it in photoshop just now after looking at my copy.  This is real...still nice, but not as "bold" as the phony...LOL908381705_JustMarried6.thumb.jpg.ddc7ebc501dc1c7859435e0834298db6.jpg

Charlton version of Diary Secrets with a smaller price tag you thrifty buyer :banana:

2 hours ago, buttock said:

I find women are easier to woo after a mild to moderate head injury. 

That's just you hallucinating from the blow. :baiting:

Just got this from a CovidCon deal on the Internet...I don't know if it's rare or not, but it's a wild cover...and OMG, it has a rape scene in it...:whatthe:  But, I really wouldn't call that a rape scene...it was pretty benign...

49783293061_9206fccd30_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Don’t know if it’s “rare” but I rarely see a lot of drive in covers...

42B8B2C5-75D1-4536-A17C-7051F47B2CEE.jpeg

I like this book alot, not an easy one. You say Sal...I say Jerry Mathers!

8 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:
2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Don’t know if it’s “rare” but I rarely see a lot of drive in covers...

42B8B2C5-75D1-4536-A17C-7051F47B2CEE.jpeg

I like this book alot, not an easy one. You say Sal...I say Jerry Mathers!

Why are you always thinking about the beaver?