• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Just hammered for

$2,222

:whatthe:   (worship)

the romance on CC is absolutely blowing up

my_22.63_1.jpg

I thought most of the Romance went for strong or outrageous prices.  I struck out on quite a few lots over the last couple of days. Heck, I was not even the under bidder on all the expensive books.

5 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I absolutely believe you, as just a couple years ago I got a Crime & Justice 20 and a Space Adventures 13 (with Blue Beetle) for $5 or so from KAYO books in SF.  There was clearly a find of late '54 Charltons down in that area a while back.

I miss Kayo. It's been years.👍🏻😢so much fun stuff. 

1 hour ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I thought most of the Romance went for strong or outrageous prices.  I struck out on quite a few lots over the last couple of days. Heck, I was not even the under bidder on all the expensive books.

Yeh it's quite something.  And not over yet.

This could have been a calamity for CC and the romance offering, which I believe is predominately their own stock (assuming they're not buying their own books).  A perfect storm - a potentially weak market, a troubled site rollout, and most important  - an enormous block of books being presented at one time.  I think there are 78 romance books in this auction.  Prior to this the largest romance auction at one time was a Sparkle City ebay auction on 10/28/12, 46 romance books at one time. 

For prices to be super strong, given the incredible supply, means that either the overall market is strong as heck, or romance is strong as heck, or both.

7 minutes ago, szav said:

Saw that a CGC 5.0 of this one just went over $300 in the CC auction so figured I should buy this $15 copy right away...although I worry it'll lose 90% of its value whenever Dr. Love changes his avatar...

Only two copies graded and the highest is 6.5.  The paper on these Ace books is horrible.  I'm surprised that a 6.5 even exists.  My preference is for the issue following this one.

4 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Only two copies graded and the highest is 6.5.  The paper on these Ace books is horrible.  I'm surprised that a 6.5 even exists.  My preference is for the issue following this one.

Thanks you're right that one is great too...just bought one for $12 thank you.  Too bad I wasn't paying better attention lost a little on the shipping.

2 minutes ago, szav said:

Thanks you're right that one is great too...just bought one for $12 thank you.  Too bad I wasn't paying better attention lost a little on the shipping.

My v26 n3 is in another holder.  They only gave it a 3.0.

So I got on feebay about an hour earlier than an auction close time for a Girl Confessions #31.  I was going to snipe and win it for whatever cost.  Guess what - I get so distracted looking up new comic listings - I MISSED IT!  :pullhair:  Sold for a cheap $40.  Congrats to the buyer (and feel free to make money by selling it at a profit to me :gossip:).

11 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Tanning mostly from my scanner. I'm not, not I tell you, collecting all the Colletta Atlas romance covers. Just not happening. :sumo:

Anyone happen to have any of the ones I still need? hm

True Secrets.jpg

from the above, '54 Colletta, vintage.  All hail Toth, the master.

image.thumb.jpeg.55acb0b91656d6f5bc2350c03eead13f.jpeg