• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,489 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Gorgeous book, I'm in the same situation if you replace room with spare cash :)

I hadn't realized how poorly represented some of these issues are with regards to graded copies. I guess it's because the interest in many of these titles has been steadily increasing but cannot be said to be "old".

No graded copies of 33 and the comicbookplus copy is lightly-loved: LOVE DIARY 33

And if anyone is interested, here is the All True Romance 22 (and there is no 21): All True Romance 22

Can anyone chime in exactly how 'rare' this book is (if at all). I absolutely love the cover, and have been trying to pick up any copies that I find in my attempt to upgrade my two low/mid copies to a high grade one...but I just can't seem to ever find anything. Also, if you HAVE a nice copy of these please let me know :D

Boy Meets Girl #15

247805.jpg.1f49d8ca2943c5c0eab7c71a0a812c7d.jpg

On 7/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, Dr. Love said:
On 7/20/2020 at 7:05 PM, adamstrange said:

Definitely not Colletta.  I don't see it as Giordano pencils either as there is a softness to it that Giodano lacks. 

There are enough clues to make a positive ID but it's not coming to me right now.

not a big stable to work through

I'll give it some more thought as well, shouldn't be that hard, though no one's called it so far

Stan Campbell is a better possibility than Giordano.

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

Can anyone chime in exactly how 'rare' this book is (if at all). I absolutely love the cover, and have been trying to pick up any copies that I find in my attempt to upgrade my two low/mid copies to a high grade one...but I just can't seem to ever find anything. Also, if you HAVE a nice copy of these please let me know :D

Boy Meets Girl #15

I've been looking for this one for a while too. I don't see them come up for sale very often. Boy Meets/Loves Girl has been a tough title for me to find in general. Good luck!

18 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I've been looking for this one for a while too. I don't see them come up for sale very often. Boy Meets/Loves Girl has been a tough title for me to find in general. Good luck!

One day I'll find a solid copy (ideally at least 8.0), for now these are my two copies I've managed to hunt down.
They range from 3.0 to 4.0, but both present very nicely and will have to suffice for now :)

20200729_115959.thumb.jpg.f1cac52853f6335a9aaadf5f4594bdee.jpg

29 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Just another day ending in "y" in Romance World  (shrug)

All the small publishers are tough. Dog, your two Fujes are very nice, two more than the majority of collectors have!  :applause:

Edited by Dr. Love

4 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Boy Meets Girl #15

Never seen that one. But what a great cover!

Reminds me of a trick I pulled on my Mom in high school. She wanted me to wake her up when I got home. First thing she would do was look at the clock next to her bed. Well, being the sly guy I was, before I woke her up, I would roll back the clock to just before curfew. After I knew she was asleep again, I would set it back to the correct time. Never got caught...

On 7/29/2020 at 11:54 AM, Robot Man said:

Reminds me of a trick I pulled on my Mom in high school. She wanted me to wake her up when I got home. First thing she would do was look at the clock next to her bed. Well, being the sly guy I was, before I woke her up, I would roll back the clock to just before curfew. After I knew she was asleep again, I would set it back to the correct time. Never got caught...

That ladies and gentlemen is what they call.....

IMG_3784.JPG

On 7/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, Robot Man said:

That must have been hard to do with those sundials y'all were using back then.