• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, kat123 said:

This artist influence Matt Baker big time I can see lot Baker on those painted covers. Bakers late Men Magazine Illustrations have the same look. (thumbsu

So who was sending him Greek magazines?

Fantastic, Ken!   :luhv:

One of my all time favorite Collettas, and with so much awesomeness to choose from, that's saying alot.  Everything about this cover works, including the audacious WIN 8000 PRIZES campaign that lasted all of two months I think.  Unfortunately, by 1959 there were 4 years between Vin and his best interior pencil work. Next stop for him was inking the King.

Overall, the best romance artist.  IMHO. and YMMV. But I'm right, ya know!  :devil:

On 7/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, sagii said:

@Electricmastro Had no idea this cover was by a female artist, thanks for the Info(thumbsu

Seems I was mistaken on the Tewks artist, with the really artist apparently being William Tewkesbury, and his credits getting mixed up with Alberta Tews’. I think other credits are correct though.